Turn on thread page Beta

Acne free in a month...!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok like i'm so totally breaking out...nd i know it's kinda normal since were i live it is 38 C...though they're jus li'l li'l zits i still wanna avoid 'em...is there anything i can do to get rid of 'em within a month...can i make my face totally clear by this day next month...?? I started washing my face with clearasil since yestaday nd have begun drinking 2 litres of water since today...is there nything else i can do beside this...pls any suggestions are welcome...i really need to clear up my face by a month...!! Lots of rep for help...!!

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you are drinking lots of water and using a good skin product twice daily. Also try not to touch your face as you are just spreading bacteria around, which causes more spots. If you do get breakouts, dont pick at the spots, apply a dab of tea tree oil using a cotton bud to get rid of them.

Theres no quick fix Im afraid, especially if you are prone to regular breakouts. Im 22 and still get spots occassionally, although my skin has really improved recently as Ive been using Clinique products.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I was resting my head on my hand as I read this.

I shan't be doing that again!

ReputationRep:
    Get your GP to prescribe Zindaclin. It's the only thing that works for me. Or ask to go on the pill.

If you insist on buying products, try L'Oreal Pure Zone moisturiser. It's good, but still not good enough...

ReputationRep:
    Drink water and use face wash.

ReputationRep:
    people who eat dead healthily also never have nearly as many spots as people who dont, so this must be kinda related... try to eat lots of yummy fruits.
    also, i heard cider viniger is good for getting rid of spots, but iv never tried it so dont hold me to it!

ReputationRep:
    tooth paste.

ReputationRep:
    Roaccutane(spelling?) or Isotretinon(again, spelling) as its called now is the daddy. But its only available from the hospital so a GP will have to refer you but can be a annoying though as it makes all of your skin pretty dry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clart)
    Roaccutane(spelling?) or Isotretinon(again, spelling) as its called now is the daddy. But its only available from the hospital so a GP will have to refer you but can be a annoying though as it makes all of your skin pretty dry.
    Alternatively.

ReputationRep:
    Oxytetracycline is what they perscribe usually I think

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt use harsh products coz it will just aggravate the spots

ReputationRep:
    Yeh stick with natural stuff but make sure you dont clog up your pours with excessive makeup and makeup you do use remember make sure you remove it thoroughly every night!

ReputationRep:
    people who eat dead healthily also never have nearly as many spots as people who dont
    I'm spotty...
    :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova2)
    Oxytetracycline is what they perscribe usually I think
    That's what I'm on, plus PanOxyl 2.5 aquagel.

My spots weren't too bad, they could hardly be described as actual 'acne', but my skin gets pigmented scars really easily, so I went on it.

Oxytetracycline seems to be good stuff. Takes a while to start working. But the PanOxyl stuff just blasts spots away - dries out the skin horribly though.

ReputationRep:
    Ask your doctor to prescribe you Minocin. That is what I'm on and it has reduced my Acne considerably.

Regards,
    Chris

ReputationRep:
    go to a dermatologist

ReputationRep:
    i got oxytetracycline, oral tablets, in other words antibiotics only cus other facial creams just didnt work, they say u only notice results after month but its been 2 weeks and its gettin better!

plus clinique is brill, if u can afford it i borrowed my sis's stuff once and u can really notice difference

ReputationRep:
    Freederm, It was a complete and utter godsend for me this last month when I suffered from a massive outbreak before my ball.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=rufus_da_bear]people who eat dead healthily also never have nearly as many spots as people who dont, so this must be kinda related... try to eat lots of yummy fruits.
    QUOTE]

Thats a myth.
    You can have a healthy diet and eat loads of fruit and veg and still get spots-my diet is perfect, and I eat about 7 portions of fruit and veg each day and still get spots.

No direct link has been found between diet and acne. Obviously if you are only eating junk food then theres a chance that your skin will be worse in general, or if you are sensitive to certain foods you might get breakouts, but on the whole, it doesnt really affect it.

http://www.newscientist.com/backpage.ns?id=lw552

ReputationRep:
    I used to try all sorts of facewashes to try and clear my spots (I never had acne but always had 2 or 3 at a time) and nothing worked. I then made quite a few changes at once and they cleared up so I'm not sure which it was, I'd guess it was most likely a combination.

Anyway, I went on the pill, I started cutting out all the crap and eating a lot more healthily and I stopped using spot fighting facewash and started just using a baby wipe and then moisturising with Nivea creme every morning and night. I found after a few months they really cleared up. In fact, a couple of days ago I had my first spot in about six months. It was tiny, barely visible and went away in about 2 days. That's my biggest spot drama in months, so something's definitely worked. Then again, it could just be that I'm a little bit older and my hormones have settled down a bit.. who knows!

My advice to you would be to try a few different things. They may work, they may not, but it's worth a try. I doubt you'll be able to get rid of your acne altogether within a month though.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.