MySpace can keep you unemployed! Watch

RieLouise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Segat1)
You see, there's a thing called Google. And if anyone posts something I don't know or understand e.g. hazing, I look it up on Google. Thus keeping the thread on topic.
And this is your contribution towards 'keeping the thread on topic'?

(:hmmm: )
Evil Phoenix
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bis)
Did anyone actually bother reading that?

erm... kinda?
Miss~Brightside
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ohhh my god i hope noone reads my myspace, most of my comments consist of, "how drunk was you the other night?" as well as other things, as for the pics well there are drunken ones and theres one of me standing with some cows,

hmmm maybe this is why that job never rang me back

seriously i doubt any employer or anyone like that would look at peoples myspaces, they obviously have nothin else to do, they are probably a member themselves lol and if they do its wrong as it has nothin to do with them, its to do with my friends!!! all 475337584 of them
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BellaCat)
And this is your contribution towards 'keeping the thread on topic'?

(:hmmm: )
:aetsch:
Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There was a similar hooha when friendsreunited was big a few years back....

I didn't use my real name or email when signing up for Myspace and I'm not registered with any of my schools so unless they scrolled through the 91million profiles looking for pics I can't imagine how I'd be found.

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with companies doing it. Moral of the story is be careful lol.
bleeper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
And many people have the same name too, so unless there are pics/identifying pics etc its hardly reliable.
Oh **** i am royally screwed.
MissHero
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Excellent...

I don't think there's anything wrong with my account anyway, it's all very pretty and nice... and they could read my wonderful band reviews!
Forgotmytea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't think my tripod website has any incriminating stuff - that is, unless my musical tastes, hobbies (reading, warhammer, playing clarinet & sax) or being in love with someone is enough to make me unsuitable for a job

So I think I'm safe To be honest, I haven't really done anything that would jepordise any job opportunities. But, the moral here seems to be: better safe than sorry!

-Saruman
bluenoxid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its getting very worrying in America. Universities are now making uni publishing part of their inductions
shady lane
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Umm...what?!
Twaffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:eek:

Although I'm a long way from being employed by a company like that so I'm not so worried but still!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise