Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Henry was a successful lawyer - huge house, kids at private school etc.
Then the recession hit. He lost work and his wife started having an affair with his old boss, Jeremy

Henry sank into depression and drug and alcohol addiction and moved out of his house. He then started sleeping rough. One evening he say his wife and Jeremy leaving the theatre

A few days later, Jeremy ran into him and accused him of being a complete waster-told him he was a drug fueled tramp living on the streets, having abandoned his family. Henry reacted by hitting him with a bottle, severing an artery. Jeremy died a week later in hospital due to rare complications because of his rare blood group

Consider Henry's liability for murder

How should I structure this essay?
I have no clue what to do
arrowhead
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Blyts-_)
How should I structure this essay?
I have no clue what to do
Start by reading the textbook chapter on homicide, make a list of all the cases that could be even remotely relevant. Once you understand the law involved, the relevant statues and cases, use what you've understood to try and put the facts in the problem question into context and try to develop a chain of causation considering the actus reus and mens rea of murder, manslaughter, etc., alongside any qualifications necessary for special circumstances, and then any relevant defences.

Once you have a chain of causation that considers all the pitfalls towards proving the commission of a crime (and you have decided what the crime in question specifically is), all the either-or scenarios and such, draft your essay response.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (158)
59.62%
I don't have everything I need (107)
40.38%

Watched Threads