The Student Room Group

University Application- Please Help!

Hey guys, I have to send my application off today, but I still couldn't decide on the universities! I am applying to KCL and Manchester for sure but I struggle between SOAS,LSE, Nottingham and as a safe choice between Westminster and City. Which ones do you think I should apply to? Being an overseas student I do not rely on my LNAT so should I put Nottingham to not waste myself on bad universities or shouldn't I? It is so scary, help please! :frown:
Original post by naberbenbegum
Hey guys, I have to send my application off today, but I still couldn't decide on the universities! I am applying to KCL and Manchester for sure but I struggle between SOAS,LSE, Nottingham and as a safe choice between Westminster and City. Which ones do you think I should apply to? Being an overseas student I do not rely on my LNAT so should I put Nottingham to not waste myself on bad universities or shouldn't I? It is so scary, help please! :frown:

Nottingham uses the LNAT somewhat differently than others - they put most emphasis on the multiple choice score (trust me I talked directly to the law admissions tutor). The average score for LNAT is around 18-20, if you get around that you should be fine. Obviously a score below 18 will not impress them, but it does not necessarily mean a straight rejection (as it does at Oxford, UCL, KCL and other very competitive schools).

Top law firms do target SOAS, albeit to a lesser extent than, say, KCL, Nottingham, Bristol, Durham and Manchester. It still has the advantage of being located at the heart of London and being affiliated with the UoL.

I don't know much about Westminster and City, but City seems to be superior to Westminster, as its standard offer is AAA (compared to Westminster's ABB).
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply