The Student Room Group

Would you feel bad about skipping seminars at Uni???

I'm in my 2nd year of a Law degree.

At my uni, all the knowledge based lecturers are uploaded online but we have a live skills lecture twice a week which is on how to answer questions. And theres a 2 hour seminar class.

I've been skipping a lot of classes. I have a Family seminar class where my tutor literally just answers the questions we have to answer before the seminar. (For each seminar we get questions we have to answer on each topic). The Family seminar is also 100% coursework. I hate hate hate going. I will never dare to miss my Land, EU or Tort seminar classes because we have an exam at the end.

But i feel pretty bad for not going to my Family seminar. But, then I think to myself it's only coursework based…no exam….

So, would anyone feel bad about not going?
Perhaps you should attend. Absences will be noticed and lecturers might form an opinion of you that you would rather they didn't, besides it will prevent you getting into bad habits.

Plus, not a huge step between that and not being arsed now and then with a lecture or two. Falling behind aint good and I speak from experience there as a once professional lazy git :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest