The Student Room Group

What do you consider to be the greatest hip hop song of all time?

There are too many to choose from but this is certainly up there.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by trrr
There are too many to choose from but this is certainly up there.

yeah, juicy by biggie smalls is definitely one of the best. i'd also say stan by eminem, shook ones part 2 by mobb deep, one mic by nas, hail mary by tupac as well. many more
Reply 2
A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation

Reply 3
Rap God by Eminem, and I ain't even a Eminem fan.
He's by far the best rapper there is lyrically.
He not only made a 6 minute song, the song was actually a freestyle. He didn't write it down at all.
Plus, I think around 4 mins, he goes "super sonic", he spits like 4 words per second during that verse. Incredible.
Reply 4
Original post by ddaappoo
yeah, juicy by biggie smalls is definitely one of the best. i'd also say stan by eminem, shook ones part 2 by mobb deep, one mic by nas, hail mary by tupac as well. many more

Good lad

(see sig)
Reply 5
Original post by AnharM
Rap God by Eminem.

Stopped reading right there
I was gonna say Juicy as well, it just epitomises 90s hip hop. Ready To Die is right up there as one of the best albums as well.
Reply 7
Original post by 2ndClass

Why the **** you telling me for then? Don't quote me.

Lyrically, Rap God was prett insane. In general though, I'd rather listen to anything off the Marshall Mathers or Slim Shady LPs.
Reply 9
Original post by AnharM
Rap God by Eminem, and I ain't even a Eminem fan.
He's by far the best rapper there is lyrically.
He not only made a 6 minute song, the song was actually a freestyle. He didn't write it down at all.
Plus, I think around 4 mins, he goes "super sonic", he spits like 4 words per second during that verse. Incredible.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. My god, are you serious?
Reply 10
Rap God :rofl2:
Reply 11
Easy.

Nas - Deja Vu

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Zen-Ali
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. My god, are you serious?

Stop having a mother****ing fit. It's my own opinion, don't quote me.
Reply 13
Original post by AnharM
Why the **** you telling me for then? Don't quote me.

Because you really shouldn't comment tbh, even for an opinion it was pretty moronic.
Reply 14
My list would be:

Fight the Power - Public Enemy
Shoop - Salt n Pepa
Shamrocks & Shenanigans- House of Pain
Insane in the Brain- Cypress Hill
Sabotage - Beastie Boys
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Because you really shouldn't comment tbh, even for an opinion it was pretty moronic.

And what? A keyboard warrior like yourself is going to stop me from commenting on here? Get the **** outta here. Eminem's Rap God is lyrically one of the best songs. Name me another rap song lyrically as good as Rap God?
Reply 16
Original post by AnharM
And what? A keyboard warrior like yourself is going to stop me from commenting on here? Get the **** outta here. Eminem's Rap God is lyrically one of the best songs. Name me another rap song lyrically as good as Rap God?

You cant be serious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by AnharM

Just...be...quite :rolleyes:
Reply 18
Eye Know by De La Soul (or anything from 3 Feet High and Rising really).
Reply 19

one of these certainly

Quick Reply

Latest