vanessap
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am doing an experiment to see if there is a link between dyslexia and conformity.
There would be two groups of people non dyslexic and dyslexic people ,
I just need a clear way to measure conformity, I have looked into Solomon asch studies I want something similar to that I cannot use his i fear I would be done for plagiarism
or could I used aschs way and say that is my standardised way .
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
PWP2CBT
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did my EPQ on the causes of prejudice and conformity was one of the main factors within it. I also came across the same studies as you. If you possibly put "adapted from research by Asch (1951)" for example, you should be okay. You could adapt it to fit your experiment more. If you were looking at crime it could be line ups of culprits (nevermind the buzzcocks style) or you could have them fill out a memory recall test in conditions where you can easily copy answers and see if the experiemental condition are more likely to copy wrong answers. In the end theres no definitive way to objectively measure conformity but hey, more to talk about in your discussion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (6)
50%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (2)
16.67%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (1)
8.33%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (0)
0%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (2)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
8.33%

Watched Threads