Combined subjects Watch

Elvencia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
What are peoples opinions/experiences of combined degrees? I've always thought that by doing a combined degree, you missed out in some way, only getting the general bits of the 2 different subjects. Just been to an open day, though, and am now considering it, as I really want to do both subjects. Are you really missing out on the best bits by doing a combined degree?
~CAROLINE~
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The degree im starting in September is combined, 3 subjects for the first year and then 2 in the second and third! I was a bit scared about applyin for them but my school told me it just kept my options open. Fair enough the depth of knowledge isnt there but it depends what you wanna do! Im either gonna go into teaching which is highly likely or journalism so i've gotta do the postgrad anyway so its not really gonna disadvantage me!
clouddweller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I intend to read english and theatre studies in september; the combined nature of the course means i miss out on the practical element of the theatre studies degree, but i decided i'd rather continue those elements for fun, plus the theory looks really interesting. English wise i do pretty much the same as any other english student at Warwick, english is the 'focus' of the degree i think.
Personally, i chose a combined course because while i love english and have always wanted to study it at uni, my interest in the performing arts grew considerably during the last few years; i want to persue a career in the performning arts and, since i've always wanted to do a degree i figured something to do with this area would be worthwhile. Then i got lucky and found what is actually my perfect course, its honestly like they put it together just for me
I'd say if you want to, go for it, make sure the course is exactly what you want though, i know in some cases people have underestimated the weighting of each subject and wound up not enjoying the course.

What subjects are you considering combining?
Elvencia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm considering Archaeology and Ancient History. I've always planned on doing either one or the other, but I can't decide between the two, so I suppose a combined degree might be a good thing... Hadn't really considered it before now though, so need to look into it a bit more!
cracker2
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Go to Liverpool Uni for Ancient History and Archaeology SINGLE HONOURS! Apparently, *from my interviewer at the UNI* no other uni in Britain can really offer Ancient Hist. and Arch. with the same breadth and depth as Liverpool
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1495)
79.61%
Leave (383)
20.39%

Watched Threads