The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

what is sheffield uni life night like?

ive just had an offer from sheffield. and was wondering if someone could tell me whether the nightlife is any good.
im use to some mad nights, so am hoping for something good
You Fill Up My Senses,
Like A Gallon Of Magnet,
Like A Packet Of Woodbines,
Like A Good Pinch Of Snuff,
Like A Night Out In Sheffield,
Like A Greasy Chip Butty,
Like Sheffield United,
Come Fill Me Again,
Na Na Na Na Na...OOOOHH!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Yes same here! Let me know!!
I would also like to know lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'm a second year student and can say without a doubt Sheffield's night life is brilliant. Plus, it's really cheap compared to places like Manchester/Birmingham/Down South. There's usually one properly brilliant night for each day of the week where you can get plastered and have a proper good night.

Best bet for a mad night is Corp's 'Skool Disco' on a wednesday. If you do go, you'll soon learn why it's legendary in Sheffield and South Yorkshire. £2.40 for a Quad Vod, which is 4 shots of vodka topped up with WKD-like alcopop. 3 or 4 of them and you'll find yourself wasted in no time and loving life. Just a warning, never ever wear good shoes to Corp, the floor is literally just a pool of 'Corp Juice' which is a mix of alcohol, sweat and vomit. The toilets in Corp are grim too, the sinks usually full of vomit. And when you leave, outside will look like the medical bay of a warzone, except with loads of absolutely ****-faced people getting off with each other inbetween those vomitting their guts up. It is the dingiest, most disgusting club in Sheffield and yet absolutely ****ing amazing at the same time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
It's good. I'm also a second year student. very cheap. Leadmill is popular on mondays and fridays. About 1.80 for a double. Corporation on a wednesday school disco as somebody said above. went nearly every week in freshers semester 1. Plug is usually busy on a tuesday and thursday with similar prices to leadmill. Pop tarts at the union is pretty good though much more expensive, though still cheaper than a non student aimed club. Lots of other places that are very busyduring the week but that's where I usually go. Very rarely spend more than 20 on a night out
Reply 6
Original post by Gallois
I'm a second year student and can say without a doubt Sheffield's night life is brilliant. Plus, it's really cheap compared to places like Manchester/Birmingham/Down South. There's usually one properly brilliant night for each day of the week where you can get plastered and have a proper good night.

Best bet for a mad night is Corp's 'Skool Disco' on a wednesday. If you do go, you'll soon learn why it's legendary in Sheffield and South Yorkshire. £2.40 for a Quad Vod, which is 4 shots of vodka topped up with WKD-like alcopop. 3 or 4 of them and you'll find yourself wasted in no time and loving life. Just a warning, never ever wear good shoes to Corp, the floor is literally just a pool of 'Corp Juice' which is a mix of alcohol, sweat and vomit. The toilets in Corp are grim too, the sinks usually full of vomit. And when you leave, outside will look like the medical bay of a warzone, except with loads of absolutely ****-faced people getting off with each other inbetween those vomitting their guts up. It is the dingiest, most disgusting club in Sheffield and yet absolutely ****ing amazing at the same time.

that sounds brilliant! i like a bit of drum and bass as well. are there any good nights for that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending