The Student Room Group

Epq?

How does the epq actually work- I dont understand the different structures to the course - can it be completely essay based?
I want to study med at uni and I'm kinda stuck for a topic
Could I do a topic that it not based on med or science - such as a part of history or something more social - would this show that I'm well rounded in a sense or is it just better to stick with a topic related to med ?
Help please :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Rainbow Boombox
How does the epq actually work- I dont understand the different structures to the course - can it be completely essay based?
I want to study med at uni and I'm kinda stuck for a topic
Could I do a topic that it not based on med or science - such as a part of history or something more social - would this show that I'm well rounded in a sense or is it just better to stick with a topic related to med ?
Help please :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

You can enter anything, except coursework for other subjects.

You basically complete a proposal form before writing / making your project. Also there's a presentation, evaluation and activity log you gotta do during. Most people do their main project in the summer.

I've seen a med friend do epq about music, but many meds I suppose just stick with their uni subject as it gives a direct discussion point.

Yes it can be essay based. It's the most common way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
You can enter anything, except coursework for other subjects.

You basically complete a proposal form before writing / making your project. Also there's a presentation, evaluation and activity log you gotta do during. Most people do their main project in the summer.

I've seen a med friend do epq about music, but many meds I suppose just stick with their uni subject as it gives a direct discussion point.

Yes it can be essay based. It's the most common way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh Thats for the info - guess it makes more sense to stick to the medical side of things
What is the presentation and evaluation like ?
Sorry for the questions - my college Isnt exactly helpful !
:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Rainbow Boombox
Oh Thats for the info - guess it makes more sense to stick to the medical side of things
What is the presentation and evaluation like ?
Sorry for the questions - my college Isnt exactly helpful !
:smile:

Evaluation is usually a 1 page at most of writing. It's not that difficult. Just talk about stuff which you did good at, mistakes, how you solved them etc.

Presentation is also fairly straight forward, talking a bit about your project and problems/research. For my exam board, we were told to give a 10 mins give or take presentation + questions.

Worst bit is probably the log, which is almost like a diary throughout your project. It's not difficult / not required with massive details but it's just tedious.

I found out my medic mate actually did a project where he is making a sexy ass violin. He included it as extra cuticular in his statement :tongue: so it's not suicide doing epq on something aside your degree, as long as you justify it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
Evaluation is usually a 1 page at most of writing. It's not that difficult. Just talk about stuff which you did good at, mistakes, how you solved them etc.

Presentation is also fairly straight forward, talking a bit about your project and problems/research. For my exam board, we were told to give a 10 mins give or take presentation + questions.

Worst bit is probably the log, which is almost like a diary throughout your project. It's not difficult / not required with massive details but it's just tedious.

I found out my medic mate actually did a project where he is making a sexy ass violin. He included it as extra cuticular in his statement :tongue: so it's not suicide doing epq on something aside your degree, as long as you justify it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank u for all the info- very helpful indeed :smile:
Wooah u have some smart friend ryt there - actually making a violin - soo kl :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest