The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Where to stay?

Just firmed my offer from Universirty to study Law with Criminology (LLB) as my first choice! I'm applying for accomodation but whats the best one for me? I love partying and very chatty and friendly person, (social butterfly) but I need to go somewhere where people will want to drink and go to liverpool town and be up till god knows in the morning! (not saying non drinkers dont do that)! where should I go?
Reply 1
Since you mentioned going out a lot, I would recommended you stay in what is known as "campus accommodation". For the University of Liverpool, this is the accommodation they provide in the city centre (where the majority of the clubs and university buildings are). You will be a two to ten minute walk from all the go-to night out places and can roll out of bed the next morning and be at your lectures within the quarter hour.

I also think your personality would be best suited to halls of residence type accommodations instead of shared houses and such. You mentioned being a social butterfly and in halls the social element is totally in your face: There will be complete strangers knocking on your door, asking you to come to their flat parties (especially in freshers) and since your lounge / kitchen area in halls is shared with at least four other people, these people tend to become very good friends of yours.

A lot of students, particularly in their second and third years, are attracted to the University of Liverpool specific villages: Greenbank and Carnatic, and a nearby student area called Smithdown due to the cheap accommodation. However to get to and from the city centre from these places, you will need to travel by bus or taxi. While this doesn't seem like a big deal on paper, in reality, it can be very annoying, costly, and cut short what could have been some amazing nights out.

I got two unconditional offers from the University of Liverpool yesterday, one for their straight LLB course and one for straight Criminology. So whichever I decide, if you end up going there, I will no doubt see you, given your course!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Willrmg
Just firmed my offer from Universirty to study Law with Criminology (LLB) as my first choice! I'm applying for accomodation but whats the best one for me? I love partying and very chatty and friendly person, (social butterfly) but I need to go somewhere where people will want to drink and go to liverpool town and be up till god knows in the morning! (not saying non drinkers dont do that)! where should I go?

Hey I got an offer for law with criminology and firmed it too so high five :smile: and I would personally choose halls to go to because it would means that I would be able to meet new people and halls are mostly undergrads from first year anyway. Also with halls its much cheaper than on campus e.g. Vine court. I suggest when you go to the applicant day you'll be able to get a feel of the place then make your decision. Good luck and hope to see you next year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by maryamzahid
Hey I got an offer for law with criminology and firmed it too so high five :smile: and I would personally choose halls to go to because it would means that I would be able to meet new people and halls are mostly undergrads from first year anyway. Also with halls its much cheaper than on campus e.g. Vine court. I suggest when you go to the applicant day you'll be able to get a feel of the place then make your decision. Good luck and hope to see you next year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really late reply i know :frown: but you see I have a really good paid one day a week job over in the wirral which is one bus journey away form the city centre and if I lived on campus it would allow me to continue with this job :frown: x
Reply 4
im hopefully doing criminology but i've gone for crown place & vine court so i can roll out of bed to go to uni rather than trekking on a bus haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending