The Student Room Group

Girls, do you flirt with guys whether you mean it or not?

As the question states above.

I know from experience that girls flirt with you whether they mean it or not, it's completely insincere at times, I don't know a % exactly.

All I know is that signals from a woman should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Original post by Jam198
As the question states above.

I know from experience that girls flirt with you whether they mean it or not, it's completely insincere at times, I don't know a % exactly.

All I know is that signals from a woman should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Not really, sometimes I'm just being friendly...Also it depends on the type of guy I'm talking to, I bounce off the impressions I receive.
Reply 2
Original post by TheHolubowskyj
Being interpreted as flirty when really I'm being friendly is the worst....

I get this a lot!
Reply 3
Original post by Alice_95
I get this a lot!

This. I think so few people are polite these days that it can be misinterpreted quite easily

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Harley
This. I think so few people are polite these days that it can be misinterpreted quite easily

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gosh it's annoying - obviously there is a marked difference between making friendly conversation and flirting, sadly many people cannot tell.
Do you mean as in playful flirting? Don't most girls do that? It's just fun. I don't do it in real life, but I think I do it on here, although I might just be being friendly at the same time. I don't really know what counts as flirting!!
Yeah, it's fun!

But then there are many times where I'm just being friendly and it gets taken as something more. My problem is that I can be really ditsy and that seems to come across a bit over friendly around guys whereas girls don't think twice about it because they're not looking for "something more". I've had to start watching myself around guys because of this. :dontknow:
Yeah, I hate it too. Guys have a tendency to assume that me being nice to them means I am romantically interested in them.

I am nice and polite, because I was brought up to be.
Reply 8
Love how everyone's like it's not my fault I'm sexy, I was just being nice.

But seriously, these things are so easily misinterpreted especially if you're hopeful that they do like you, it's so difficult to differentiate whether they are just being friendly or something more.

I usually have a little flirt at the early stages of getting to know them so I'm not going around breaking hearts. If I don't like them and realise they're starting to like me I'll stop and distance myself.
Reply 9
I hate that the fact that being nice is often misunderstood as flirting by both guys and girls. I've had friends in the past that think I like a guy, when all I did was help him with something simple. It was pretty annoying. Now, when I do make an attempt at flirting, I try to make my intentions clear haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending