The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thats so annoying! Thinking of you!
I'm holding a conditional offer from Sidney too.... also waiting on the 17th for my Alevels! What subject are you hoping to read?
Waiting sucks :frown:
Aww I hope it turns out ok, you haven't missed it by much so hopefully they'll let you in!
Reply 3
Yup, someone on TSR (French Pikachu) was in the same position as you aftr getting her results, having missed her grades, and had to wait till August to go into the summer pool. She got allocated to another college in the end.
Reply 4
haha i just missed my IB offer by 1 point as well (but did get the right number of points in highers) so i have to wait as well!
sigh
Reply 5
;console; y'll be alright lass. still got those fingers and toes crossed. (walking is proving to be interesting...)
I managed to get AAB when I had an AAA offer, and Clare still let me in. You'll be fine! You may not even be pooled, from the sounds of it it was a narrow miss, so your first choice college may have you. If not, and you get pooled, you've a 50% chance of getting fished or something, so you'll be fine!
Reply 7
obviously i had to try to walk with my toes crossed
and obviously my mother should walk into my room at that exact moment
"...yes..."
Reply 8
Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you

xxx
Good luck, hope it all turns out ok :smile:
bazlette
I got a conditional offer from Sidney Sussex, and got my IB results today - I missed the offer by 1 point overall, and two points at HL (i got one point over expected at SL). So now, it's the waiting game. College are calling Sidney tomorrow, but I guess I'll end up waiting for the A-level results to come out..
Ah well, nothing to do but wait now :smile:

:frown: God im so sorry, best best of luck :hugs:
Hey good luck - one point should be ok...our college got people in despite missing by 2 points to Oxbridge this is, so good luck, often you have to wait till after 17th so be calm...how did you get your results today?? They come out tomorrow we were told...
Reply 12
weeeell.... IB coordinators get the results a day before, so that they can check for any errors (i told my counsellor to please send back the results if they weren't good enough and state that an error had been made but unfortunately they were looking were mostly looking for typos)
and some schools... such as mine... show them to their students that afternoon
i think they let you wait until the 17th of august as a rule; they said they weren't allowed to make decisions before all the results had been received, so having to wait means nothing!
also my friend missed his offer by 3 points on the total and one point on highers and still got in so i feel as if there's no point speculating at this time; anything can happen!
Reply 13
I would be very surprised if they didn't let you in, I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy the summer!
Reply 14
I know people who had AAB offers and mised a grade achieving ABB and still got their place.
JHutcher
I know people who had AAB offers and mised a grade achieving ABB and still got their place.

:eek: wwoow. I met someone at Kings for law who said he had BBB but i didnt think i heard him right!

Good Luck OP !! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Good luck, hope it all works out for you!
Reply 17
I think you'll find that an awful lot of Directors of Studies value the IB more than A Levels - simply, it's considered a better education by many. Don't worry about a point or two - a small slip matters less for the IB-doers than the A Levels.
Actually, the majority of people I know (who are at Cam) who did the IB didn't actually reach their offer. So try to enjoy the summer, and forget about it till 17th August. :smile:
Reply 18
Good luck bazlette *fingers crossed* u have already shown ur good enough!
Oh no, that sucks! :frown: :hugs: Fingers crossed and I really hope they still let you in!

Latest

Trending

Trending