The Student Room Group

randomly crying?!

I've noticed that everything has been making me cry for the past couple of weeks...even the most silliest things that I usually wouldn't give a second thought about. For example, I asked a lecturer for help but he was quite rude; I felt like I was going to be in tears and my voice went all funny! Yes embarrassing. Lots of similar incidents have happened like that and its kind of worrying now. What's wrong with me? :frown:
Reply 1
This is just your hormones. When I first started my periods I cried at a weetabix advert so dont worry its normal
I'm similar, I cry a lot. Especially if people reject me or are 'off' to me :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I've noticed that everything has been making me cry for the past couple of weeks...even the most silliest things that I usually wouldn't give a second thought about. For example, I asked a lecturer for help but he was quite rude; I felt like I was going to be in tears and my voice went all funny! Yes embarrassing. Lots of similar incidents have happened like that and its kind of worrying now. What's wrong with me? :frown:

I would say so, although I am in a similar boat as I am on the brink of crying now because I have nothing to do in every sense my xourse has me in limbo, my days have become long and boring. :frown: I am slightly happy I in a little way as I have just emailed the salvation army to see if I can volunteer this Christmas.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
I also cry a lot, but crying is not a bad thing, its a sign that we are alive :smile:
I cry very rarely, maybe once every 5-6 years. But when I do, I have to let it out (in private of course) because in the long run bottling up your emotions is never good for you.
Some people cry a lot, some people are sensitive, some peoples hormones can cause them to cry, and for others, stress, depression, anxiety and other emotional/mental problems can cause them to cry.

It's
hard to say. There might be nothing wrong with you. If you are feeling emotionally strained and very low, maybe a visit to the GP is in order?
Reply 7
This happened to me when I was late 12 or 13 I think. I got to the door of my school and burst out crying and took the whole week off which included more crying over seemingly nothing Im guessing it was hormones. It only lated a week that I can remember. I still think it was weird considering Im a boy😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

omg thats happend to me for quite sometime then it stopped and now i only cry when i cant hold it in anymore:wink:
Reply 9
Original post by lou 22
I would say so, although I am in a similar boat as I am on the brink of crying now because I have nothing to do in every sense my xourse has me in limbo, my days have become long and boring. :frown: I am slightly happy I in a little way as I have just emailed the salvation army to see if I can volunteer this Christmas.

omg ur lucky u can do that am not allowed to do anything
Reply 10
Original post by t to the z
omg ur lucky u can do that am not allowed to do anything

It's been a while that I have wanted to do it so I am doing it, also I am sometimes restricted from doing stuff because my family don't want me doing it but I am 20years old and do what I want its not like i am doing anything bad or illegal which they would have reason to stop me but, it doesn't bother me what anyone thinks as I am doing it to make myself feel happy for doing good. Skydiving is next on my list to do I have always wanted to do it so think I will. As carpe diem and Yolo are correct.

This is probably rebel mode for me, but I am not doing anything bad so :smile:.
Original post by ChampEon
I cry very rarely, maybe once every 5-6 years. But when I do, I have to let it out (in private of course) because in the long run bottling up your emotions is never good for you.

I get that you said it's not good to bottle up your emotions but how so you do it?
Reply 12

Original post by Just Another Girly
I get that you said it's not good to bottle up your emotions but how so you do it?

Lol exactly what I was thinking. He lets out 5-6 years worth of tears altogether. Very efficient...saves time :tongue:
Original post by A321
Lol exactly what I was thinking. He lets out 5-6 years worth of tears altogether. Very efficient...saves time :tongue:

While that is a good point I would like to know because I need to learn how to do this. Apparently im too open and my pokerface is crap hell im not even sure I have one :frown: so if I fix my emotions I can be more ......secretive? Idk . ::tongue:
It's normal if you're feeling stressed, or if it's in line with your period (if you're a girl).

If it doesn't pass, and it's affecting your day to day life, you should perhaps consider seeing a doctor about it.
Reply 15
only do it once every 1-2years and its not even about stuff in real life, I used to cry more frequently when I was bullied but now all I cry to is emotional scenes from various TV shows

e.g. when they killed off the ponds in Doctor Who that was my most recent cry :cry2:

in general though it seems girls cry more often than boys in most cases
Reply 16
Original post by lou 22
It's been a while that I have wanted to do it so I am doing it, also I am sometimes restricted from doing stuff because my family don't want me doing it but I am 20years old and do what I want its not like i am doing anything bad or illegal which they would have reason to stop me but, it doesn't bother me what anyone thinks as I am doing it to make myself feel happy for doing good. Skydiving is next on my list to do I have always wanted to do it so think I will. As carpe diem and Yolo are correct.

This is probably rebel mode for me, but I am not doing anything bad so :smile:.

trueee ama do that loooooooooooool:biggrin::wink:
Original post by Just Another Girly

Well I hated crying as a kid because: 1) it felt horrible and 2) made me feel less macho lol
So every time I felt like crying, I'd clench my teeth, try to keep a straight face and think positive thoughts. Didn't work initially but once I hit my teen years I stopped crying completely, except when my grandmother passed away (almost 6 years ago)

Original post by A321

Lol you make it sound as if I'm some sort of robot :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by t to the z
trueee ama do that loooooooooooool:biggrin::wink:

:biggrin: :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Well I hated crying as a kid because: 1) it felt horrible and 2) made me feel less macho lol
So every time I felt like crying, I'd clench my teeth, try to keep a straight face and think positive thoughts. Didn't work initially but once I hit my teen years I stopped crying completely, except when my grandmother passed away (almost 6 years ago)

Im sorry for your loss .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending