The Student Room Group

My university choices - help needed

Hi all,

I have been predicted ACC at A-level and was wondering what my chances are of being offered a space at the following Uni's:

The course which I want to apply for is Biomedicine, I have been predicted the A in Applied Science, and C's in both Philosophy/Ethics (RE), and Biology

Aston: ABB-BBB
Oxford Brookes: BBC
Essex: BBB

Thanks,
Reply 1
they're all **** unis for biomed. anyway... you can get in to oxford brookes and essex easily.

ps i do biomed <3
Reply 2
Appreciate the fast response! with my predicted Grades, I am limited for choice
I wouldn't recommend just rushing of to university in that case. Consider AS resit and possibly a gap year to apply with grades in hand. University is a big stage in your life, you want to set yourself up with the best possible options.
Reply 4
Mate i know more than a couple of people who have got DDD and got into biomed @ bradford. its not a difficult course to get onto
ACC is a difficult combination as it may mean you dont get considered for any ABB courses, or even BBB courses

With a popular Science course like Biochem (its a favourite Insurance choice for Medics) and as you are only offering Biology at C grade with no other 'named' science, your chance of offer from Aston is pretty weak and even Essex may either say No or insist on Bs in the two weaker subjects.

My advice is that you drop your UCAS application this year and work your arse off to get at least ABB - and apply next year with known grades. The C grades predictions are always going to limit your options.
Reply 6
Thanks for the reponses so far ! Yea unless I some how do get an offer from those 3, it looks as if I will have to take a Gap Year or worst case scenario which is to resit A2
Remember that if you did get an Offer you would still have to actually *get* B grades for a Place. Having both a Firm or Insurance with potentially unachievable grades is clearly a silly move.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending