The Student Room Group

RBS Corporate Banking

Hi everyone :smile:

Is anyone aware of the potential locations of an internship with RBS - Corporate Banking UK Wide? And the respective salaries?
Reply 1
Original post by Lannister
Hi everyone :smile:

Is anyone aware of the potential locations of an internship with RBS - Corporate Banking UK Wide? And the respective salaries?

There are definitely internships in London and Edinburgh - they have offices throughout the UK (e.g Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds etc) but I don't know whether they take interns there.

Intern salary isn't great - about £400 a week - and this was for London as well!

Source: did SW there and was subsequently offered SA position.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by FDR
There are definitely internships in London and Edinburgh - they have offices throughout the UK (e.g Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds etc) but I don't know whether they take interns there.

Intern salary isn't great - about £400 a week - and this was for London as well!

Source: did SW there and was subsequently offered SA position.

Thanks a lot! :smile: It is a bit low for London, but after all it is the experience that matters.
Reply 3
Original post by Lannister
Thanks a lot! :smile: It is a bit low for London, but after all it is the experience that matters.

That's true - I turned the offer down as I decided that Corporate banking wasn't for me, but yeah, having experience on your CV always helps.

Despite the very below market base pay, I imagine that at the grad level it probably varies depending on which division in the corporate bank you go into - I suppose areas like structured finance and corporate coverage will probably pay the most.
Reply 4
lol £400/ week? You can make more money as a bus driver.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending