UK Politics As Level help

Watch
imank
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hi, I'm currently researching for a politics essay at the moment: "to what extent is the modern conservative party influenced by one nation principles".

I was simply wondering what the difference, if any, is between traditional conservatism and one nation conservatism? What are the aspects of the two? Any help would be much appreciated, really struggling with this one! Thanks!
Cannotbelieveit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
One Nation and Traditional conservatism are very similar.

TBH I've done AS politics and I think the question is supposed to be a comparison between Thatcherism and One Nationism rather than Traditional Conservatism.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Modern conservatism is further to the right than the one national conservatives. It pushed for the rights of the working classes and spoke of a responsibility for those at the top to help those at the bottom, though this was only out of self-preservation, to maintain the social order. There was pretty much a one nation influence in the tory party up until Thatcher.

It doesn't have much of an influence on modern tory policy, the tory party are all thatcherites now, and thatcherism and one nation conservatism are quite different.
imank
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by DaveSmith99)
Modern conservatism is further to the right than the one national conservatives. It pushed for the rights of the working classes and spoke of a responsibility for those at the top to help those at the bottom, though this was only out of self-preservation, to maintain the social order. There was pretty much a one nation influence in the tory party up until Thatcher.

It doesn't have much of an influence on modern tory policy, the tory party are all thatcherites now, and thatcherism and one nation conservatism are quite different.

Thanks for shedding some light on that, it really helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (22)
73.33%
No (4)
13.33%
Not sure (4)
13.33%

Watched Threads