The Student Room Group

Awake for about some 30 hours (tonnes of work...) starting to feel physically ill

Hey Guys;

Well, I have been doing some coursework and been awake for around some 30 hours and have come to notice whenever I am awake for extended periods of time, I feel physically ill, almost like I have a slight feeling I am going to vomit.

Is this normal?

Been doing coursework, realised yesterday that my coursework was in COMPLETELY the wrong format and needed redoing BIG TIME.
I pulled an all-nighter on Thursday and I definitely was not feeling too good towards the end of it. Felt like I had a cold.

Just go to sleep, that's my advice.
Yepp, when I do this my body feels physically drained, especially my legs, obviously I can still cope with the studying (it's usually not because of studying :biggrin:) but yeah, it's not a nice feeling :frown:, you'll just have to trudge through
I get the sickness thing too, I find once I hit that point it's better to push through with coffee rather then nap, cause once my head hits that pillow I'll be out for hours.

I'm presuming it's just because being awake for so long is unhealthy, make sure you get plenty of sleep once your deadline is done!:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Apocrypha
I was struggling to think of what advice to give..

Just go to sleep.
Reply 5
Yes, it's an absolutely normal feeling.
Reply 6
30 hours, damn. When i'm really tired its starts with a headache then proceeds to nausea within a few hours but that's no where near 30 hours.

Quick Reply

Latest