Turn on thread page Beta

North Korea and Medium-Range Nuclear Missiles - a winning combination watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Well, we don't even want you to consider it. That shouldn't be an option at the first place.
    Right, so it's fine for you to invade Iraq on some tenuous evidence that they may be able to start developing nuclear weapons and that they might build missiles and help terrorists; but when we are faced with a nation that already has nuclear capabilities and has missiles that can reach our cities we are not even allowed to think about acting!? Also at least we look at whether military action is legal or not before taking it, not after.

ReputationRep:
    The Bhutan has its own opinions on the legitimacy of Operation Iraqi Freedom, but we don't feel Japan is helping matters by dragging the issue up in this context.

ReputationRep:
    Well, we don't even want you to consider it. That shouldn't be an option at the first place.
    So I take it the UK has ruled out any possibility of military action against North Korea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apollo)
    So I take it the UK has ruled out any possibility of military action against North Korea?
    They can't have done, they think it is wrong to even think about it, and you can't rule something out without thinking about it 1st.:p:

Hmm, thought crime in the MUN, does that mean this is turning into 1984? That would mean Nightowl is big brother:eek:

ReputationRep:
    2+2=5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyP)
    Right, so it's fine for you to invade Iraq on some tenuous evidence that they may be able to start developing nuclear weapons and that they might build missiles and help terrorists; but when we are faced with a nation that already has nuclear capabilities and has missiles that can reach our cities we are not even allowed to think about acting!? Also at least we look at whether military action is legal or not before taking it, not after.
    Operation Iraqi Freedom is an entirely different issue and was launched under vastly different circumstances. It is irrelevant here.

ReputationRep:
    No, we haven't. We're just against Japan considering a military strike on the DPRK in the name of self defence.

ReputationRep:
    So it's okay for you to consider military action but not Japan? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    So it's okay for you to consider military action but not Japan? :confused:
    Yes, because of Japan's past. Japan's prohibition is inscribed in its constitution. Ours on the other hand doesn't prohibit a war of any sort.

ReputationRep:
    They seems to be considering amending their constitution. Though I don't see how that effects the UK...

ReputationRep:
    They seems to be considering amending their constitution. Though I don't see how that effects the UK...
    Just like how South Korea and Chian protest Yasukuni shrine visits by Japanese PM Koizumi.... we forgive, but never forget.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because of Japan's past. Japan's prohibition is inscribed in its constitution. Ours on the other hand doesn't prohibit a war of any sort.
    In self defense it may not be. Sorry to refer to operation Iraqi freedom again but the UK and US approved of and actually invited the SDF to get involved. It was allowed then because it was acting to protect Japan from terrorists.

Also we have not said that it is constitutional for us to launch a pre-emtive strike, we have just said that we are examining whether or not it is constitutional

ReputationRep:
    The defense ministry has also issued a statement clarifying that this was only suggest to be considered on a theoretical basis, as yet Japan does not have the capabilities to launch such a strike

ReputationRep:
    IIRC, Japan doesn't have the capabilities to launch an assault under the Post World War II constitution and so they wouldn't be able to attack beyond their borders.

Edit: RichyP has already posted this.

ReputationRep:
    Vanautu don't not like bombs or anything that is like a bomb, this includes missiles, bombs, bombs and clocks. We certainly don't like them clocks. Therfore, we suggest if North Koerea does have bombs/missiles/clocks, we act accordingly

ReputationRep:
    You don't like clocks? How do you tell the time? A Sun-Dial?

ReputationRep:
    I'm Vanuatu! Do we even have clocks, sun-dials are the way to go man. Mind you, what if on day the sun disappaers, I mean no sun-dials. I'd have to use a darn clock! (Other side effects include us all freezing to death, no light, no humans, plants, animals but the clock will live! The Damn things)

Back on topic.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, hello Vanuatu. Japan would like to congratulate your nation on being listed as the happiest place in the world http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5169448.stm

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh.. I must take my next vacation to Vanuata

ReputationRep:
    It beat Bhutan? :eek:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.