(Original post by Nightowl)
    It beat Bhutan? :eek:

And North Korea :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nefarious)
    And North Korea :eek:
    Why would people in N.Korea be happy? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan congratulates North Korea on is successful tests but exercises caution in how it deals with the international community.

ReputationRep:
    It beat Bhutan? :eek:
    Shame on Agent Smith. What happened to his GNH?! :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aiman)
    Why would people in N.Korea be happy? :confused:
    He was being sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Shame on Agent Smith. What happened to his GNH?! :eek2:
    The article does say no country got it 100% right - Vanuatu and ourselves included - and we congratulate them on this triumph. Oh, and welcome their representative to the UN.

Hi.

Rest assured, though, that our government does not intend to slacken off its efforts. We would like to request a breakdown of both our and Vanuatu's "results" from the NEF, in order to review and refine our attempts to keep our citizens happy. We are not too proud to learn from the success of others. Privately, we suspect that we came a very close second and, of course, there is the fact that Vanuatu does not share a disputed border with one of the largest, most oppressive and most corrupt dictatorships the world has ever seen, backed up by the largest army in recorded history, to be borne in mind. It might be causing our people a little anxiety.

Anyway, we are pleased to see that other organisations are following our lead and questioning the relevance of GDP to assessing a country's true worth.

ReputationRep:
    Off topic but still a relevant question; I was reading up on North Korea and I read in a few places that they are deemed a "terrorist state" -- well on this forums actually -- am I to assume that they sponsor terrorism or do they harbor terrorists or just like terror in general?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cataclysm)
    Off topic but still a relevant question; I was reading up on North Korea and I read in a few places that they are deemed a "terrorist state" -- well on this forums actually -- am I to assume that they sponsor terrorism or do they harbor terrorists or just like terror in general?
    The fact they're threatening everyone with armageddon is enough to dub them "terrorist", apparently. Actually, not sure if they are strictly "terrorist", but they're certainly in Mr. Bush's "axis of evil".

ReputationRep:
    I believe that they are accused of helping communist and Maoist terrorist groups including the IRA and the JRA (Japanese Red Army) as well as the PLO. I do not know how much evidence there is though to back them up.

It also sells its missile technology to states that do sponsor terrorism such as Iran

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    The article does say no country got it 100% right - Vanuatu and ourselves included - and we congratulate them on this triumph. Oh, and welcome their representative to the UN.

Hi.

Rest assured, though, that our government does not intend to slacken off its efforts. We would like to request a breakdown of both our and Vanuatu's "results" from the NEF, in order to review and refine our attempts to keep our citizens happy. We are not too proud to learn from the success of others. Privately, we suspect that we came a very close second and, of course, there is the fact that Vanuatu does not share a disputed border with one of the largest, most oppressive and most corrupt dictatorships the world has ever seen, backed up by the largest army in recorded history, to be borne in mind. It might be causing our people a little anxiety.

Anyway, we are pleased to see that other organisations are following our lead and questioning the relevance of GDP to assessing a country's true worth.
    Don't bother with the breakdown. Just legalise prostitution and drugs.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed it did, I was reading the Daily Mail and nearly dropped my food out my mouth when I read it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Don't bother with the breakdown. Just legalise prostitution and drugs.
    We said happy, not doped-up till they're even higher than our average altitude. And in any case, our government bans quite a lot of things that the more corrupt might view as sources of happiness - smoking and, up until recently, television (now allowed in a limited capacity) springing particularly to mind. It's not a hedonistic pleasure we're looking to preserve/promote, but more "well-being", and other terms that we daren't use for fear of being thrown out of the GA for Excessive, Persistent and Reckless Use of Hippy Lingo.

ReputationRep:
    The fact they're threatening everyone with armageddon is enough to dub them "terrorist", apparently. Actually, not sure if they are strictly "terrorist", but they're certainly in Mr. Bush's "axis of evil".
    Terrorist and communist are practically the same thing, these days. The pre-11/9 meaning of the terms "terrorist" and "terrorism" has been lost; buried under their new, "generalised-evil" definitions. It's perhaps strange that the War on Terror should be the thing that destabilises the definition of that very term. Although it allows said War to be extended to non-terrorist groups/organisations even more easily, because you don't have to go the effort of branding them terrorist sympathisers. Honestly, how lazy is the West? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Chance)
    Indeed it did, I was reading the Daily Mail and nearly dropped my food out my mouth when I read it
    Ew, thanks for that. :puke: *runs out of GA*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    Ew, thanks for that. :puke: *runs out of GA*
    The fact food fell out her mouth or that she was reading the Daily Mail?

ReputationRep:
    India expresses its concern over the implications of a "rogue" nation being allowed to develop nuclear arsenal. India once again stresses the importance of nuclear capable nations showing responsibility and condemns Pakistan's open support of North Korea.

ReputationRep:
    North Korea is a soverign nation and its on going nuclear program is within its rights for its civil and defence purposes. North Korea has withdrew form the NPT thus under no obligation to non-poliferation.
    We were once called a "rogue" nation yet now, we remain relatively peaceful and strong allies in the war against terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    The fact food fell out her mouth or that she was reading the Daily Mail?
    Both I think. :p:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.