Dad might have skin cancer =( Watch

Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Sorry to hear that. I have a real interest in skin cancer. Did they say what they thought it was (i.e. MM, BCC, SCC, Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma, etc?).

On a 'brighter' note, if there can be one, if they were really, really worried that it might be an aggressive primary skin cancer, then they would have removed the whole lesion, not *just* biopsied it...

Hope he's OK.

xxx
tbm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know exactly how you feel Buttercup, my dad was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, luckily he's in remission now but I remember it like it was yesterday. I'd never seen my dad cry before then and it was just awful to see him suffer like that. So if you need to talk at all then feel free to PM me because I know what youre going through.

Hopefully the results will come back ok and your dad will be fine, but just remember that in the unfortunate case that they dont, it has been caught early and chances are they can treat it and get rid of it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your dad and yourself, take care x
kateykat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. My mum had aggressive ovarian cancer 3 years ago and that was torture, I can remember feeling the way you say you're feeling now, your whole life just seems to come crashing down and no-one can truly understand unless they've been through it. My dad is now having a 3 month break before he has palliative chemotherapy for bowel cancer, it's easier this time because he is so matter of fact and deals with it well, plus I'm not a little girl anymore, but it's still really hard. I really know how you feel and it sounds like quite a few others have or have had similar situations to you too. There's no guarantee that the news is going to be bad, so hold on to that. xx
Redsapphire2000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hun I know exactly what you are going through. When I was 6 my mom was diagnosed with Lupus which subsiquently caused the development of stomach cancer. Although she did have surgery to remove the tumor, after 3 years it came back and unfortunately she succumbed to it.
Just try to be strong for your dad...be there for him all you can. He knows what you are going through. I'm a prayerful person and it always helps me. I don't know your beliefs or anything..but try that. It might help. And you don't even have to think of it as a prayer...just speak your feelins out loud...might just help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (54)
98.18%
No (1)
1.82%

Watched Threads