The Student Room Group

Accountancy apprenticeships or university

Hi,
I am studying business level 2 and retaking maths (higher) and English so I am wondering whether to do business level 3 next year then go university and study accountancy or do an apprenticeship next year in accountancy plus if I pass all my levels in apprenticeship and get all the qualifications would there be any chances for me to go to university with the apprenticeship qualification and do further study in accountancy and get the degree??

Thanks in advance :smile:)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by Arash123
Hi,
I am studying business level 2 and retaking maths (higher) and English so I am wondering whether to do business level 3 next year then go university and study accountancy or do an apprenticeship next year in accountancy plus if I pass all my levels in apprenticeship and get all the qualifications would there be any chances for me to go to university with the apprenticeship qualification and do further study in accountancy and get the degree??

Thanks in advance :smile:)

Hi there,

Not sure if you are still thinking of your next steps towards a career in accountancy or not but thought I would reply anyway.

Both the accountancy degree and the apprenticeship route are great options to start your career in accountancy.

With an apprenticeship, you can reach chartered status quicker than you would via the university route. Even with a degree in accountancy, you would still need to complete the professional qualification modules after your degree (albeit with some exemptions).

Yes, you can still go to University after you have completed your apprenticeship.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Adele

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending