Please help me :( Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It's my boyfriend's birthday tomorrow and I really want to see him but I have lost my voice I can not speak I sound like a squeaky man (I'm a girl). This happened because I had a really bad sore throat due to a virus and have only just recovered *touchwood* but my voice is still not back I feel like I will be no fun to be around since I will hardly be able to talk but if I say I don't want to see him he will get dissapointed and I don't want him to think I don't care. Please help how can I get my voice back in just one night?
Automaton
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well, drink lots of water for one. I've also heard many good things about hot water mixed with honey and lemon juice.

I'll wait for others to recommend something better, though.
Pride
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's my boyfriend's birthday tomorrow and I really want to see him but I have lost my voice I can not speak I sound like a squeaky man (I'm a girl). This happened because I had a really bad sore throat due to a virus and have only just recovered *touchwood* but my voice is still not back I feel like I will be no fun to be around since I will hardly be able to talk but if I say I don't want to see him he will get dissapointed and I don't want him to think I don't care. Please help how can I get my voice back in just one night?
No no, you probably won't get your voice back fully in time for his birthday. There's no magic cure, time will heal it eventually.

Go celebrate his birthday with him anyway. I'd have thought it'd be quite funny actually, people will laugh about this. It wouldn't dampen the mood...

Maybe walk around with a little whiteboard and pen, or do sign language. Smile, don't be grumpy, it'll be fine.
lilixxx1000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Milk with honey is a good trick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
12.97%
1 (89)
12.97%
2 (88)
12.83%
18.95%
22.3%
19.97%

Watched Threads