I have cracked my retainer! Help Watch

Pinkestpiinkkxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I grind my teeth in my sleep and I have bit my plastic clear retainer (I had my braces removed and got a retainer) and it has got 2 huge cracks that could snap the thing in two. My orthodontist said it would cost 42 pounds for a replacement and I don't have that much and my mum said if I break it I have to pay. I'm really scared as has anyone else had this happen?xx thanks
IndiaCaitlinn
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I had a clear moulded retainer too and dog ate both of them, cost me £122 to replace
beary.bear
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hmm, my ortho only charges £20 for a replacement. I suggest you pay and get a new one asap. You wouldn't want your teeth to start moving after all the hard work of fixing them. If you don't have the money, ask your Mum to pay and offer to do some chores to pay it off. Or promise to pay her back when you have the money?
Lilly davids
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
my retainer has cracks in them there not fairly big but I’m scared my teeth would move back would that happen if there only small cracks?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
12%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.14%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (10)
2.86%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.57%
No (250)
71.43%

Watched Threads