Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok hello,

is this fashion..., i guess so!

Anyway, I'm desperately wanting a nice leather (looking or real), messenger bag. Preferably brown. Fairly simply and stylish. Not shiny leather I dont think. So, that would be matt. Practical. And under 100 pounds. Am I searching for the impossible? I have access to Paris, Germany and the UK to buy. Sadly not morocco which I think is the place for cheap leather!

Has anyone any ideas?

Failing that, a nice plain messenger bag of another material in black or brown!

Right, any advice appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Are you a he person or a she person?

Radley do some very nice leather messenger bags for the laaadeees...

ReputationRep:
    Whats a messenger bag?:confused:
    (sorry if i sound dull)

ReputationRep:
    Im a she person, but I guess Im looking for something that isnt too femine. more uni sex...

Ive had a look at the radey stuff but i think its a little too feminine (i have a radley had bang which i love), but its not so much a handbag that im looking for.

Another thing which i should have mentioned is that id like one which is big enough to put a couple of folders in. So bigger than 30 cm length i guess. Most of the Radley ones are smaller.

Any other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scherbs)
    Im a she person, but I guess Im looking for something that isnt too femine. more uni sex...

Ive had a look at the radey stuff but i think its a little too feminine (i have a radley had bang which i love), but its not so much a handbag that im looking for.

Another thing which i should have mentioned is that id like one which is big enough to put a couple of folders in. So bigger than 30 cm length i guess. Most of the Radley ones are smaller.

Any other ideas?
    The Radley border range is fab and plain - I love it

ReputationRep:
    This is the shopper, but they do do larger messengers and briefcases:

ReputationRep:
    I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but how gorgeous is this?

http://www.johnlewis.com/Shopping/Pr...8&source=22567

I want one!

ReputationRep:
    A messenger bag,

not sure as to exact definition! What im looking for as a satchel type thing, square, with a flap to open it usually, with a wide shoulder strap. Fairly large.

That help?

ReputationRep:
    acually i might be wrong, a messenger bag might be smaller than what im llooking for,

it might be a courrier bag im looking for i guess.

sorry!

radley,... not a goer, looking for softer leather possibly suede and slightly rougher look, ... thats not to say their stuff isnt nice!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.fossil.com/jump.jsp?itemI...mType=CATEGORY

There's a few on there, the prices are in dollars but you could order online

Edit: also found this http://www.debenhams.com/jv/product_...=1152178495773

and this http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLATES/PRODUCT/Product.asp?Params=Category=11-75|PageID=4592|Level=2-3&cm_ven=Nextag&cm_ite=Mayfair%2 0Messenger&engine=Nextag

ReputationRep:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MULBERRY-WOODY...ayphotohosting

anyway, thats the kind of thing im looking for, only the company sounds suspect. !

I really aprpeciate your help people!

ReputationRep:
    ooo thanks, fossil were a good idea. I think what im looking for is defintely more a men's thang. Defnitely getting closer,......

ReputationRep:
    debenhams site isnt working.... smelly

will try again later though,

thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Aaah now i know what you're talking about! I had a gorgeous one from Monsson ages ago...so not suer if they still do it now. Its quite similar to the picture the OP provided but its kinda a khaki greeny colour and has larger flaps...kinda studenty looking

But yeah, Debenhams usually have alot of those bags or maybe try house of fraser

ReputationRep:
    If you are into vintage, eBay has loads of old leather satchels (which i guess are like messenger bags) in good condition, and they are relatively cheap too!

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.