Raymankiing
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Which one is a better insurance
UEA has a really good pharmacy department and offer ABBB
Durham has a new department, but is an amazing uni and only want A in chemistry and A in biology
My firm will be AAB uni.

Which should I do as insurance UEA or Durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Durham.
zoedhin
Badges: 10
Report 6 years ago
Durham
Interstellar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Durham is typically better and it's worth taking advantage of its new course with its relatively 'low' entry standards. However, prestige isn't everything. Durham is quite an acquired taste and some may dislike it. Visit both, you may fall in love with UEA. Good luck!
Raymankiing
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Interstellar)
Durham is typically better and it's worth taking advantage of its new course with its relatively 'low' entry standards. However, prestige isn't everything. Durham is quite an acquired taste and some may dislike it. Visit both, you may fall in love with UEA. Good luck!
I've been to UEA, it's a nice uni with lots of applicants gaining pre reg ad a job within a few months of graduating, which is good.

Thank you for the replies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blue56
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Durham! I'm from Norwich and my dad went to Durham, he often says that the cities are very similar (small, river-based). Both cities are safe and nice, also quiet too.

But in terms of reputation and just generally speaking as to which is better - Durham, no contest here.
DentalLondon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
UEA , for sure as it is currently ranked one of the best schools in pharmacy . Durham is a top university but the pharmacy course have not been fully accredited yet. If you want to go to the best university but possibly not the best pharmacy school (it is still a brilliant school of pharmacy) then UCL should have been one of your choices.

Yes, going to Durham would gain you some status now, but four years down the line , you have to start thinking about your pre-reg place which is is getting much more competitive. Therefore, I would go with the school that have already established a good rapport with the big employers.

However, that is only my opinion/advice , it is your choice/ preference !
PoorLoser
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DentalLondon)
UEA , for sure as it is currently ranked one of the best schools in pharmacy . Durham is a top university but the pharmacy course have not been fully accredited yet. If you want to go to the best university but possibly not the best pharmacy school (it is still a brilliant school of pharmacy) then UCL should have been one of your choices.

Yes, going to Durham would gain you some status now, but four years down the line , you have to start thinking about your pre-reg place which is is getting much more competitive. Therefore, I would go with the school that have already established a good rapport with the big employers.

However, that is only my opinion/advice , it is your choice/ preference !
Definitely agree with the UCL comment!

It's a difficult choice, with lots of factors. I'd go for Durham
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (240)
66.3%
No (122)
33.7%

Watched Threads