The Student Room Group

Growing old and unaesthetic is terrifying

- Going grey
- Getting wrinkles
- Losing hair (If i keep my hair i think i will still look good)
- Disease
- Losing physical mobility
- Eventually not being able to pull younger women anymore

I don't mind seeing the younger generation have their youth, but it just saddens me that i feel like i am getting older and I am just 22. I just feel like I have not been appreciative of my looks and confidence at the moment, and I am afraid of wasting it all because I am taking it all for granted.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr_Vain
- Going grey
- Getting wrinkles
- Disease

I don't mind seeing the younger generation have their youth, but it just saddens me that i feel like i am getting older and I am just 22. I just feel like I have not been appreciative of my looks and confidence at the moment, and I am afraid of wasting it all because I am taking it all for granted.

Compared to the rest of TSR, you're basically a corpse :eek:

I get what you're saying though, I have the same fear.
Reply 2
Original post by ¯\(°_o)/¯

Yup, against time, time always wins. I am getting old, it just feels like my time has flashed by though which is the strange thing. I am having a bit of a quarter life crisis at the moment (it exists), I have been planning a big ass holiday for next year and basically plans to 'date' as much women as possible. I don't want to grow old and regret why I did not live when i was young.
Original post by Mr_Vain
Yup, against time, time always wins. I am getting old, it just feels like my time has flashed by though which is the strange thing. I am having a bit of a quarter life crisis at the moment (it exists), I have been planning a big ass holiday for next year and basically plans to 'date' as much women as possible. I don't want to grow old and regret why I did not live when i was young.

Words of wisdom. Preach.
Reply 4
Strong username.
If it's any reassurance a lot of people do come into their own later on in life. Often with a bit of age comes wisdom and more self-confidence. Nobody says that just because you get old you have to behave respectfully. If you want to hell-raise when you're in your fifties then I say good luck to you!
I'm pretty ugly so losing my 'looks' isn't as much of an issue as I've never been able to get any self-esteem from them.
Original post by Boner in joggers
I'm pretty ugly so losing my 'looks' isn't as much of an issue as I've never been able to get any self-esteem from them.

:biggrin:
Reply 8
You forgot the #yolo
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mr_Vain
- Going grey
- Getting wrinkles
- Disease

i dont have wrinkles really
nor any lost hair (and baldness is genetic and can happen in your teens)
disease can happen at any age
so can physical mobility
Dont you think that when your 50 pulling girls old enough to be your daughter to be rather pervy?

Original post by ¯\(°_o)/¯

oh gee thanks

And ill tell you both guys when i was 22 the idea of hitting 30 was scary as hell - but ten years later - trust me it aint that bad at all. Im still young enough to enjoy life but with a bit of experience to temper it
Original post by Mr_Vain
- Going grey - not necessarily a bad thing.
- Getting wrinkles
- Disease
- Eventually not being able to pull younger women anymore - Solution = Money.

I feel the same way too at times. Nothing good will come from fretting about it though!
But you get a freedom pass/60+ oyster card. This makes up for everything! :gah:
Reply 12
Original post by silverbolt
i dont have wrinkles really
nor any lost hair (and baldness is genetic and can happen in your teens)
disease can happen at any age
so can physical mobility
Dont you think that when your 50 pulling girls old enough to be your daughter to be rather pervy?

oh gee thanks

And ill tell you both guys when i was 22 the idea of hitting 30 was scary as hell - but ten years later - trust me it aint that bad at all. Im still young enough to enjoy life but with a bit of experience to temper it

If it is consensual, why not? Would not want a relationship with one because I would prefer someone at home a bit older. It is that old conundrum really, doing what society expects vs what you want to do. I just love women too much to settle with one indefinitely.

Edit: I should add that I have a total lack of self control in this matter; it is the only thing in my life which I am indisciplined with.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mr_Vain
- Going grey
- Getting wrinkles
- Disease

1) Dye your hair
2) Look after your skin and it won't happen much
3) Not sure
4) Stay healthy and it may not
5) As above
6) Shallow asshoe
When you're old people won't judge you as much for farting in public.
Priority seats on the Tube.

Soooon.
Reply 16
Well, you can think about it this way:

1) Going grey looks sexy on most older guys and women find it attractive.
2) Wrinkles shows wisdom and all the sh*t you went through, take them as battle scars
3) Losing hair isn't something major - there are medical ways to keep them or just buy a wig (but unless you are prone to a serious case of hair loss and thinning, you wouldn't need to worry about this until you hit 50+)
4) Disease will land you in hospital most of the time, where there are plenty of cute nurses to keep you company. But eat your five a days and keep a routine of regular exercise to stay away from this
5) Hey, do you know the amount of times I've felt envious of the elderly that get to sit in their cool wheelchairs and zoom past? A crowded pavement will part like the red sea for you!
6) I have nothing for this, only because there might be a time where you fall truly, deeply and madly in love and you wouldn't want to pull any other woman.

But really, getting older is like having the upper hand. You've already been there and done all of that crap. It's not that terrifying, you just need to change the angle you are looking at things from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Just kill yourself at 65. Sorted.
Well only you can change that. Start doing some interesting things then that will be more difficult when you're older. I don't mean drinking vodka with your nostrils. It's quite cliche but do do some travelling. If you're poor just do Europe, poorer still do England. There's plenty to explore here. My borough has the longest market in Europe apparently but no one I know has been there. Go clubbing, chat up girls, go watch those films or read those books you were meant to. Just live.

Quick Reply