Turn on thread page Beta

What superpower do you want? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What power would you choose?
    Ability to fly
    43.68%
    Matilda eyes
    20.69%
    Scale walls like spiderman
    2.30%
    Swing between buildings using self-made web
    1.15%
    Super strength
    6.90%
    Laser eyes
    3.45%
    Ability to freeze anything
    11.49%
    Ability to control the weather
    10.34%

ReputationRep:
    freezing is the bestt!! you can freeze angelina jolie and take a good look at all the good stuff without any1 noticing

that is, if by freezing you mean freezing time, like piper on "charmed", if you mean freeze with ice, then def. flying is better

ReputationRep:
    The ability to zap people over the net when they make silly threads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ting-Ting)
    don't you mean invisibility? we all have the power to be visible now

What are 'matilda eyes'?:confused: as in telekinesis?

the ability to turn one, to stone. i think..... Btw Nice cow...it rocks !

ReputationRep:
    I think that would be Medusa eyes. Matilda is telekinesis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hurricane_Herd)
    the ability to turn one, to stone. i think..... Btw Nice cow...it rocks !
    Thanks..Mooooo

ReputationRep:
    How lame am I? I understood that to be 'superpower', as in, the USA, former USSR, you know, in a 'superpower relations' kind of context. :/

Edit::

Aw, and I voted freeze, cause I thought you meant like Piper in Charmed who can stop people moving and stuff. Not like, to make things cold.

I lose.

ReputationRep:
    It'd have to be telekinesis! I would never have to get up off the sofa to make a sandwich again...

the ability to make world peace......impossible (i know).....

ReputationRep:
    Super strength.

ReputationRep:
    You missed a big one... My personal favourite... the ability to control time; it's not exactly the movement of time so chronokinesis isn't really the right term, but the ability to stop time, move 'outside' of it, do whatever you want - steal, jump out of a plane and die, get inside Area 51, have sex with a celebrity, anything that floats your boat, you could do because everybody else would be frozen in time, and then you'd be able to unfreeze time and everything would go back to how it was before.

That'd be really cool - when I was younger, I always used to imagine that it would be good to have a wrist-device with which I could control time, go underground, fly, change the size of things, etc etc.

yes yes yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Weather control. I could ride the winds and freeze things with snow and cold temperatures. Three of the listed powers in one
    :ditto: And imagine being able to control lightning:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My name's Mathilda

VOTE FOR MEEEEEE yey!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you missed invisibility.

Anyway, I'd go for ability to freeze everything. By then I could have a go at my archenemies muahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antarctica800)
    How lame am I? I understood that to be 'superpower', as in, the USA, former USSR, you know, in a 'superpower relations' kind of context. :/
    Don't worry, so did I. I was expecting a very indepth debate!

Flight for me also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaccerZD)
    You missed a big one... My personal favourite... the ability to control time; it's not exactly the movement of time so chronokinesis isn't really the right term, but the ability to stop time, move 'outside' of it, do whatever you want - steal, jump out of a plane and die, get inside Area 51, have sex with a celebrity, anything that floats your boat, you could do because everybody else would be frozen in time, and then you'd be able to unfreeze time and everything would go back to how it was before.

That'd be really cool - when I was younger, I always used to imagine that it would be good to have a wrist-device with which I could control time, go underground, fly, change the size of things, etc etc.

yes yes yes
    Wow finally somebody said what I was thinking. This would be the coolest power to have because it gives you something where you can control everything and everyone whether they were invisible or not!

ReputationRep:
    I actually think about this quite a lot and I can never make a decision about which superpower is best. Really I would be happy with any super power but I would like to have them all, that would be much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pho∑nix)
    freezing is the bestt!! you can freeze angelina jolie and take a good look at all the good stuff without any1 noticing

that is, if by freezing you mean freezing time, like piper on "charmed", if you mean freeze with ice, then def. flying is better
    Totally agree

ReputationRep:
    Why is 'Soviet Russia' not on the poll?

ReputationRep:
    I've been watching the old Superman movies recently, and the flying idea seems pretty appealing right now. It's the corniest superpower ever, but it's just so cool :cool:

ReputationRep:
    How about the ability to read minds? That would be pretty cool knowing what everyone was thinking & it'll come in handy in alot of situations, during exams for example...:rolleyes:

If not that, either flying/invisibility.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2006
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.