The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
you could get a job, travel somewhere biologically interesting, start up a group of somekind - all these could count as 'interview prep' as if you gain worthwhile skills from them, you can put them on ur PS and you could be asked about it in your general interview.
At this time last year I plodded my way through a couple of books, pop science ones, went on the new scientist site.... but seriously have a good holiday, things might get stressful in november, so have a rest while you can.... oh and draft your PS.
x
Reply 21
Pharmokinetics
I have just finish my Personal Statement!

you are officially a loser.
Reply 22
I doubt its actually finished - if it is I'd be worried! You've got another two month, Im sure its not perfect ...yet!
Reply 23
Pharmokinetics
Why do people have to be so mean?:dong:

Is it because they are jealous or is it the insecurity that my finished PS bring as they somehow feel threaten? Boy, I don,t know!!!!!!!!!!!

OK , I have finished my PS but I haven't said it is completed yet and perhaps I should reword it as drafted instead.

Sorry to all who feel offenced after reading my post and felt that my work will put them in a vulnerable situation when we are all competing against each other for space in Cambridge later this year....NOT

From now on you proceed at your own risk!

When you finish something its normally taken for granted that its completed. Its nonsensical to say otherwise. I am here at cambridge so don't need to feel threatened by you and I think its very odd to get your personal statement done this early. Although I had a change of heart on course mine didn't get finished to the last minute. THere is no advantage getting it done this early so I doubt anyone feels threatened

Your post has come across as highly arrogant, and makes it sound as though you expect to get in against everyone else here. No one is guaranteed a place and I hope you weren't trying to insinuate that you were...
Reply 24
Pharmokinetics

Sorry to all who feel offenced after reading my post and felt that my work will put them in a vulnerable situation when we are all competing against each other for space in Cambridge later this year....NOT

Yea way to win people over...., ure post sounds extremely big headed now. When i applied to camb people on TSR were just suportive really, and helping each other out, and there wasnt any real "competing with each other". Im suprised u say this when ure asking for help from people here.... if they are all afraid ure gona take all their places in camb (sarcasm), then why would they help u at all, u are the ultimate cambridge competition after all:p:
Reply 25
Pharmokinetics

Is it because they are jealous or is it the insecurity that my finished PS bring as they somehow feel threaten? Boy, I don,t know!!!!!!!!!!!

OK , I have finished my PS but I haven't said it is completed yet and perhaps I should reword it as drafted instead.

Is English your first language?
You really need to grow up a bit in the time between now and your interview.
Pharmo, are you an overseas applicant?
Reply 27
I really really don't mean this post to sound offensive, but if you've written your personal statement with the same sort of grammar you've been using in your posts it's not going to look very good. Have you had a teacher or somebody proof read it? Because that could be a good idea.

Latest

Trending

Trending