starry-lass
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all

I had an interview scheduled for tomorrow at Cambridge, but I've been very very ill as of late. High fever, swollen glands, fainting, vomiting, more recently a rash too. I was meant to be staying overnight too, which would be quite dangerous considering the fainting episodes (very nearly hitting my head were it not for the help of my someone catching me). It didn't seem sensible to go to 3 interviews and a TSA tomorrow when I obviously won't perform to my best and would probably only worsen my condition, so we asked to reschedule yesterday, and the admissions tutor seemed a bit upset at the idea and told us to call back tomorrow. We contacted my sixth form college who contacted them again today, and they have said they can reschedule the interview for the 9th 10th or 11th of January.

This sounds brilliant but I'm just concerned that the fact that it's so late means I will miss a chance to be pooled OR they might not even be considering my application at all anymore, as all places might have been allocated by then and they might just be interviewing me for formality, since they did offer me an interview. Any experience with this? Do I still have a shot?
Colmans
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by starry-lass)
Hi all

I had an interview scheduled for tomorrow at Cambridge, but I've been very very ill as of late. High fever, swollen glands, fainting, vomiting, more recently a rash too. I was meant to be staying overnight too, which would be quite dangerous considering the fainting episodes (very nearly hitting my head were it not for the help of my someone catching me). It didn't seem sensible to go to 3 interviews and a TSA tomorrow when I obviously won't perform to my best and would probably only worsen my condition, so we asked to reschedule yesterday, and the admissions tutor seemed a bit upset at the idea and told us to call back tomorrow. We contacted my sixth form college who contacted them again today, and they have said they can reschedule the interview for the 9th 10th or 11th of January.

This sounds brilliant but I'm just concerned that the fact that it's so late means I will miss a chance to be pooled OR they might not even be considering my application at all anymore, as all places might have been allocated by then and they might just be interviewing me for formality, since they did offer me an interview. Any experience with this? Do I still have a shot?
This means you have been pooled under "need re-interviewing or interview malfunctioned". You will be competing against all the other candidates pooled for your subject. However don't forget the college will already know how good your paper application is against the other applicants and will have a good idea whether you had a high/low chance of an offer already.
wadhamite
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Get thee to the doctor with your glandular fever and get a note! I can't imagine the college you're being interviewed at especially want at outbreak amongst the interviewees or student helpers either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (195)
14.4%
I'm not sure (61)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.03%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.73%
I'm not a current university student (668)
49.34%

Watched Threads