The Student Room Group

2:2 Degree

Hi I am thinking that my degree wil end up being a 2:2, I transferred credit and studied my final year with the OU and got a grade 2 pass on one module and grade 4 on another so the likelihood of a 2:1 is looking slim, I've applied for 2 school direct places and a PGCE which I have an interview for, what is the likelihood that I will be able to train on any of these programmes with a 2:2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karlp87
Hi I am thinking that my degree wil end up being a 2:2, I transferred credit and studied my final year with the OU and got a grade 2 pass on one module and grade 4 on another so the likelihood of a 2:1 is looking slim, I've applied for 2 school direct places and a PGCE which I have an interview for, what is the likelihood that I will be able to train on any of these programmes with a 2:2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It completely depends on the subject you are intending to teach.
Reply 2
I have applied to work in primary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karlp87

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not impossible but Primary is competitive.
Reply 4
Original post by karlp87

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think primary is quite competitive but there is no reason why you can't get on a course with a 2:2. You application will be judged on your personal statement, the amount of experience you have in school, your passion for teaching. Having a 2:1 or a first doesn't guarantee that you're good with children or that you'll be a great teacher. If your enthusiasm and commitment comes across at an interview then I think that's far more important than having a 2:1. My friend is currently on a PGCE course and she only has a 2:2 so there is definitely hope for you yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending