Coming Storm Narrative

Watch this thread
Tasbeel
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Basically, I'm behind on work and I have to write a narrative with the title Coming Storm. But I am not sure on how to start it and what to write about like what scene and stuff. People in my class write about tornado's or fights or arugments which they said were like storms or sommet. Anyone got any ideas?
SaraLandau
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I think that the best way to start would be to search on the internet for a very descriptive piece about a hurricane or a tropical storm which might inspire you and give you ideas. Describe the fear, terror and noise (screaming/shouting and looking for family members) and how you felt as you saw it coming (and maybe how it looked like - was it strong, damaging everything in its path and leaving a trail of things behind it). Imagine that you were in this situation, what would you do? would you try to protect your siblings and would your parents be rushing around? Describe what the sky looks like and what the future might be like for the people in the area. Describe the damage that it causes to the building and everyone trying to run away to safety. Try to evoke a scary atmosphere so that the reader feels like they are in this situation. Hope this helps (hope this was the type of advice you wanted). Good luck !!
Ariaya
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by SaraLandau)
I think that the best way to start would be to search on the internet for a very descriptive piece about a hurricane or a tropical storm which might inspire you and give you ideas. Describe the fear, terror and noise (screaming/shouting and looking for family members) and how you felt as you saw it coming (and maybe how it looked like - was it strong, damaging everything in its path and leaving a trail of things behind it). Imagine that you were in this situation, what would you do? would you try to protect your siblings and would your parents be rushing around? Describe what the sky looks like and what the future might be like for the people in the area. Describe the damage that it causes to the building and everyone trying to run away to safety. Try to evoke a scary atmosphere so that the reader feels like they are in this situation. Hope this helps (hope this was the type of advice you wanted). Good luck !!
Thank u 💓
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
21.59%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.5%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.68%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (19)
21.59%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
21.59%

Watched Threads