bruises, trivial I know... Watch

Galipote
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
It might seem a slightly stupid question, but does anyone have tips to get rid of bruises quickly, or at least hide them a little?
I have very light skin, which instantly becomes black and blue if, say I walk into something. Unfoftunately, I am very accident-prone. I can't walk past a bench without walking into it, or pick something off a table without banging my hand or arm on the edge.
It doesn't matter so much in winter when I wear long sleeves and trousers, but now summer is approaching, I wouldn't mind being able to walk out without looking like I've been badly beaten. It's annoying when you can't get a tan and the only parts of your skin that aren't white turn weird shades of purple...
tbm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Arnica cream? Never used it myself though so dont know if it works!
Crazster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You tan >< Catch 22.
Galipote
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'd love to be able to go brown in order to make them less visible, however, as soon as I go out in the sun, I seem to burn and turn into a red and white england supporter... With the bruises, I suppose I could support France too...
jennyflake
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lasonil cream. Or arnica cream.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Arnica. tablets too. they are great
PrinsesseAstrid
Report 12 years ago
Put on ice right after u bump into said things. Works for me. Mind you, it doesn't eliminate bruises, only limits them. And if it's a big problem, u could always cover the worst up w/foundation or sth...?
supertramp
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Put witch hazel onto the area right after you bang it, before the bruise appears. It will be way less noticable, and is a very cheap and easy way to help (and it smells nice).

Right now I have a handle shaped bruise on my arm from where I walked into a door. In public. At a martial arts grading. D'oh.
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My gf swears by arnica, but in reality all Arnica is, is sucrose. So you might as well eat sugar. I'd say just give them time to go away, or cover them with concealer if you've not got time on your hands.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads