BeccyW
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi!

I am hoping to do an EPQ in a literature-based subject but am having a really hard idea choosing what to write about. I understand the question has to be very specific but arguable from both sides and have enough research papers and resources to use.

I am interested in maybe writing about something to do with women's portrayal in Hamlet but fear this may be vastly overdone, or about the presentation of certain characters in Les Misérables (such as the similarities and differences between Enjolras and Montparnasse or about the different interpretations of the relationship between Enjolras and Grantaire as portrayed through the use of classical references and stuff) but don't know if that's just ridiculously niche. I've also read some of Wilde lately (?), and [hunts bookshelf frantically] dystopian (The Handmaid's Tale, 1984 and Brave New World) and Gothic (Frankenstein, Wuthering Heights, and the The Monk lurking about somewhere, ready to read) literature.

I'd ideally like to do something to do with feminism and/or something that will tie in with things I will probably study later in university (classical literature, Shakespeare). I'd probably prefer prose than poetry.

I'm having a really hard time thinking up anything so any ideas are very welcome!

Thanks
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Sapphire123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did an english EPQ but instead of doing research i wrote a dissertation on how to write a novel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (121)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.35%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.44%

Watched Threads