The Student Room Group

A2 History Coursework Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArsenalObsessed
Lucky. Part A is a lot easier in my opinion, I thought it was hard at first but it ended up going way way better than I thought it would, only needed to edit my first draft once and still got over 90% somehow. Need to do part B over half term though and have literally no idea where to start :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

part A should be awesome. I'm trying to think of a good question.

Lol you got 90+%! you're gonna be fine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by Ibn Fulaan

Did Russia - got 23 in part a and 25 in part b.

Problem is im just starting unit 3 now - England and Charles (dunno official unit name) do u think im starting it to late? also I cant find any decent textbooks , is anyone else doing this unit on this thread if so some help?

Thanks
Original post by peter qwert

Problem is im just starting unit 3 now - England and Charles (dunno official unit name) do u think im starting it to late? also I cant find any decent textbooks , is anyone else doing this unit on this thread if so some help?

Thanks

sorry I'm doing The Cold War!

Thanks

I got 23 in part A too, is part b easier would you say? I'm starting it now and I'm doing turning points in Russia

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean you have to think of your own question? We were given ours by our teacher. It's easy to do well in part A so long as you do lots of AO2 source analysis. What topic are you doing for the exam btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 23 in part A too, is part b easier would you say? I'm starting it now and I'm doing turning points in Russia

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found part b easier than part a , I couldn't wrap my head round part a for agesssssss.I literally wrote about 10 drafts before I gto 23 , my first draft was 8! I was so glad to get it done.So ye I would say part b is more straightforward.
You mean you have to think of your own question? We were given ours by our teacher. It's easy to do well in part A so long as you do lots of AO2 source analysis. What topic are you doing for the exam btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep! has to be related to the topic obvs.

The cold war.

I found part b easier than part a , I couldn't wrap my head round part a for agesssssss.I literally wrote about 10 drafts before I gto 23 , my first draft was 8! I was so glad to get it done.So ye I would say part b is more straightforward.

Oh wow haha that's very reassuring, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wow haha that's very reassuring, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ye don't worry about it , if u find part a fine then part b will be a breeze.
ye don't worry about it , if u find part a fine then part b will be a breeze.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
yep! has to be related to the topic obvs.

The cold war.

Oh I'm doing the same actually :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I'm doing the same actually :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

cool. how far are you with the depth studies?

cool. how far are you with the depth studies?

To be honest I don't even know. I missed quite a few lessons last term and I'm still catching up, but I do know that we're currently doing the Cuban missile crisis and all of that stuff! What about you? Are you studying the superpower relations 1944-90 book btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest I don't even know. I missed quite a few lessons last term and I'm still catching up, but I do know that we're currently doing the Cuban missile crisis and all of that stuff! What about you? Are you studying the superpower relations 1944-90 book btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup. should be finishing the crisis tommorrow.

the red phillips book, yup, although we've been given other books for higher reading.

Posted from TSR Mobile

btw, this documentary series on The cold war is amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYnd9j3rji8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

interviews with castro himself along with khruschevs son and dozenz of other people directly involved in affairs.

X

Ah awesome we're doing the same thing then! I'm slightly worried as I have mocks the week after next and I'm not as clued up on everything as I'd like to be

btw, this documentary series on The cold war is amazing!

Oh nice! I'll defo check that out insha'Allah, jzk :biggrin: the cold war is actually pretty interesting compared to my coursework topic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah awesome we're doing the same thing then! I'm slightly worried as I have mocks the week after next and I'm not as clued up on everything as I'd like to be

Oh nice! I'll defo check that out insha'Allah, jzk :biggrin: the cold war is actually pretty interesting compared to my coursework topic

Posted from TSR Mobile

the documentries help immensely.

BarakAllahu feeki. History is by far the most intresting topic i'm doing. Chemistry and maths are both killers.

the documentries help immensely.

BarakAllahu feeki. History is by far the most intresting topic i'm doing. Chemistry and maths are both killers.

Awesome. I agree Maths is a killer at A2, thankfully I dropped Chem though and I do English, which is by far my favourite :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome. I agree Maths is a killer at A2, thankfully I dropped Chem though and I do English, which is by far my favourite :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

any do 4 subjects on here?
any do 4 subjects on here?

I do :smile:
History, English Lit, Geography and Politics. Tiring :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending