What on earth do I put on my personal statement (biochemistry etc.)?!?!?!

Watch
buzzybee143
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I'm applying for biochemistry and pharmacy (are these good courses to do btw?) and I was wondering what do universities like? What kind of books do they like students to read? What kind of things should I say on my personal statement? My school hasn't given me much help so I'd appreciate it thanks guys take care :confused::confused:
niceguy95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I applied for pharmacy and the method i did was

Small intro as to why you want to do the course

Choice of science based subjects from Gcse to where you now, to help achieve goal

Work experience and other scentific things you did and how itd be useful

How the subjects you do have helped you with your decsion for the course

Extra curricular activities

Conclusion

Thats what i did, others might be diff though
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Concentrate on WHY these two subjects interest you enough to want to spend years at University studying them further.

Show that you have an interest beyond simply your A level syllabus - that you have done relevant work experience, gone to public lectures etc, and have read outside the syllabus to follow up interests. You don't need to name specific books (this usually just looks a bit naff) but 'I have become interested in ....... and have followed this up with extra reading and research of my own, such as ......' etc.

If you need more specific advice about applying for Pharmacy, have a look at the subject board - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=180

PS. Podcasts of Bath Uni public lectures - several are biochem/pharmacy related http://www.bath.ac.uk/podcast/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (558)
34%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (331)
20.17%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.57%

Watched Threads