The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I do find this quite weird. I understand the fact that you like them but the stalker-ish behaviour is very very strange and creepy. Also it should be some women, not most. I don't think I want to meet any celebrity. It's the character they play that I like, not them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Because most women don't have any hobbies outside drinking, online shopping and social media.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 22
Your reasoning skills are as appalling on this thread as they were on the atheism one.

How many guys do you know who aren't obsessed with some female celebrity or other (probably multiple ones) due to their looks, OP?

Do you think anecdotal evidence counts as gospel truth?

Still. Let's not let a few pesky cold hard facts get in the way of some good old woman-bashing, eh! :rolleyes:

P.S: On the subject of "pathetic": http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2534264 :rofl:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jelkin

*Shrugs* I suppose that men are encouraged to get status and success for themselves, whereas women tend to look for status and success in others (for whatever reason).

I think this is whats behind it and its quite sad really. Girls when they are teenagers set up email addresses or twitter accounts like HarrysLilAngel, MrsBieber or whatever implying they are willing to offer their celebrity crush ownership of themselves. Guys don't do that. They will put pictures up of women celebs that they find attractive, usually pictures where they are not wearing much and discuss amongst each other how they would smash that, ruin it, give it a right good boning. The way they mentally view their fantasy crushes is totally different.

But you also see it outside of the celebrity world, in terms of the way women discuss men they are dating, with each other. I always notice how women pin the label of the guy's occupation and if the guy does something cool and interesting the woman who is dating him gets some respect. Eg its like "oooh how's it going with the solicitor :wink: tell me the gossip!" or "I've got a date lined up with the DJ yay". I never hear guys ever discuss girls they are interested in/ seeing by their profession. If the woman was a solicitor they wouldn't really use that to label her and it wouldn't really get the guy any more respect, if she was fit, had a nice rack, looked like a dirty bitch etc that would be more of interest to his mates. Maybe if the profession was something like a nurse or a secretary then that might be relevant because it fulfils fantasies.

I am caricaturing this to the extreme to make the point but I think people will know what I am on about here. Generally women can get respect for themselves from their female peers, through the status/achievements of a man that they are dating. Whereas men get respect from their male peers through their own status/achievements and in the context of dating, from the physical attractiveness of the girl they are seeing.
Reply 24
Original post by Alpha brah
Your reasoning skills are as appalling on this thread as they were on the atheism one.

How many guys do you know who aren't obsessed with some female celebrity or other (probably multiple ones) due to their looks, OP?

Do you think anecdotal evidence counts as gospel truth?

Still. Let's not let a few pesky cold hard facts get in the way of some good old woman-bashing, eh! :rolleyes:

P.S: On the subject of "pathetic": http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2534264 :rofl:

Funny because I'm sure you didn't reply to me on the athiesm thread due to me making you look like an absolute fool :lol:

I don't know any guy who is obsessed with any celebrity.

So you stalk my profile and bring up a joke thread I made and I'm the pathetic one? hahaha sure thing... 'Alpha Brah' :lol: :lol: talk about ironic.
Reply 25
Original post by shiggydiggy
Because most women don't have any hobbies outside drinking, online shopping and social media.

Ding ding ding we have a winner
Men are not far behind. My little cousin was supposed to study medicine at uni and now hes got a hair cut like only way is essex and wants to be a model?! come on
Reply 27
Original post by Bill_Gates
Men are not far behind. My little cousin was supposed to study medicine at uni and now hes got a hair cut like only way is essex and wants to be a model?! come on

That's true actually. The amount of guys that jumped on the bandwagon and got that haircut was ridiculous.
Original post by Jordooooom
That's true actually. The amount of guys that jumped on the bandwagon and got that haircut was ridiculous.

+

+

+

:biggrin::confused:

This is how they really look

Kim-Jong-un-009.jpg
Reply 30
By most women i presume you're talking about the one percenters of women...
Reply 31
Original post by Wilfred Little

:biggrin::confused:

Those trousers :coma:
Original post by shiggydiggy

Decribes the majority of the females on my Facebook, all been blocked of course. Was sick of the:

"OMG anyone see tonight's Made in Chelsea"

"So and So from Geordie Shore is soooo funny"

"Last nights TOWIE was so dramatic"
Reply 33
Original post by DaveSmith99
By women do you mean 12 year old girls?

Lol this. :rofl2:

I can semi see what you're saying OP. I remember a girl on my Facebook once excitedly writing a status about having spotted a member of TOWIE at a club and I had no idea who they were :erm:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
Why do a lot of women/girls feel it is necessary to become infatuated with certain celebrities?

If a z list celebrity comes to a night club one night, many girls will flock there to see them. They want to get a picture taken with them, lick their arse and then brag about it. You wouldn't see hundreds of guys queueing up to a club to desperately see some woman from one of these mundane shows.

On twitter you have people pretty much dedicating their lives to supporting ****ty popstars such as Bieber, one direction, lady gaga etc. Resulting in death threats to those who criticise their 'idols' and other ridiculous behaviours.

Obviously some men will do this as well but nowhere near to the same extent.

Do you reaaaally care about social status that much?

EDIT!! Yes yes I know using 'most' in the title was exaggerating it, for controversy reasons.. stop going on about it

I am a female, I seriously don't give a s**t about any celebrities as who are they really?, they are just human beings that feel the need to do stuff to stay in the limelight. I absolutely despise magazines who cares if Jordan fell over or Amy got her nails done, who gives a s**t.

I think celebrities are adored by those that have nothing else to think or worry about but I for one have a life and am not gonna spend it idolizing some so called celeb that means nothing to me as they do everything that a average jo does but get pictures and money for it. So whateva lmao.
Please don't call women pathetic. :angry:
Reply 36
Original post by White-Knight
Please don't call women pathetic. :angry:

lmao a whiteknight

an actual whiteknight
Most of the time you'll notice girls being more vocal about how insecure they are, a big part is realizing how infatuated we can be with celebrities before it becomes toxic and life ruining. Music is where it usually is, and music tends to nurture people with insecurities and those who need love, that just evolves into being toxic when they learn more about them because celebrities have to update social media and be very out there with themselves. It makes this untrue connection with them even though they dont actually know them but what they portray to the world. Guys can easily have the same problem but because of society they would feel bad if openly showing their infatuation.

Latest