Queens belfast medicine- pbl or traditional?

Watch this thread
jonesnm07
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm really finding it difficult to find a clear cut answer on this.

Is the teaching PBL or traditional?

Thanks
em.d_4
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jonesnm07)
I'm really finding it difficult to find a clear cut answer on this.

Is the teaching PBL or traditional?

Thanks
Integrated systems based

Posted from TSR Mobile
jonesnm07
Rep:
(Original post by emma201295)
Integrated systems based

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am still confused...

Integrated means that course material is taught alongside clinical exposure, and systems based means that you learn by bodily systems.

But this could still be traditional i.e. lecture based or PBL i.e. predominantly learning in groups by problem solving scenario's.

I am confused as it says it is focused on learning rather than teaching which would suggest PBL but a student in the perspective says that it is a traditional teaching method, suggesting lectures.

Very unclear.
jonesnm07
Rep:
*prospectus
em.d_4
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jonesnm07)
I am still confused...

Integrated means that course material is taught alongside clinical exposure, and systems based means that you learn by bodily systems.

But this could still be traditional i.e. lecture based or PBL i.e. predominantly learning in groups by problem solving scenario's.

I am confused as it says it is focused on learning rather than teaching which would suggest PBL but a student in the perspective says that it is a traditional teaching method, suggesting lectures.

Very unclear.
Pbl doesn't tend to be systems based as it's more case based.
But to clarify they do not use pbl, my conversation with a lecturer their was very anti pbl her opinions seemed to suggest she thinks there's a good reason it's fallen from popularity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Goluck
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Aha my question to answer! To the first question, it is lecture-based teaching in other words Traditional (for trad vs pbl). Secondly, it is integrated - clinical alongside learning (clinical vs pre-clinical). Thirdly, it is taught by exploring into each system as opposed to subjects (system vs subject based). In summary, it is an integrated systems based teaching through lectures. But, you could also mention that there is a lot of group work involved in practical sessions, tutorials etc. If you have any questions, please ask!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads