The Student Room Group

Any chance of asking them to lower my offer?

I've seen people posting last year about Exeter lowering their offer when they phoned them and said that they wouldn't be able to meet their conditions, so would I have a chance?

I'm applying for psychology with a prediction of 37 IB points.
The offer range is 36-34 and they've asked me for 36 points and a 5 in a HL science, but that makes me wonder whether they even read my application as I already have a 6 in HL Biology, and I take higher psychology as well.
Any idea why my offer was so high? And could I ask them to lower it?!
Original post by earthtome
I've seen people posting last year about Exeter lowering their offer when they phoned them and said that they wouldn't be able to meet their conditions, so would I have a chance?

I'm applying for psychology with a prediction of 37 IB points.
The offer range is 36-34 and they've asked me for 36 points and a 5 in a HL science, but that makes me wonder whether they even read my application as I already have a 6 in HL Biology, and I take higher psychology as well.
Any idea why my offer was so high? And could I ask them to lower it?!

Reply 2
Original post by officelinebacker

Quite a few people did it last year, most from AAA to AAB! I was just wondering!
Original post by earthtome
Quite a few people did it last year, most from AAA to AAB! I was just wondering!

You might be able to call up on results day and say that you haven't met the requirements and see what they'll say but i highly doubt that they'll just lower it for you now, because you asked.

If it was possible everyone would do it. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending