How to get into Kings College London?

Watch
u_lovelife
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi I'm an AS Level Student studying biology, chemistry, maths and psychology. My dream is to get into bio-medical science at Kings College, but I'm not sure of what exactly I need to do so in terms of work experience and extra curricular activities. If there is anyone here who is a undergraduate at kings or any Russell group uni that can help me or give me any ideas on what I need I would be really grateful

P.S I've started working in an oxfam charity shop recently and I've done my first mocks and received an A in psychology, B in biology, B in maths and C in chemistry
x__justmyluck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Grades wise you need 'AAB to include a minimum of two from (Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Physics) of which at least one must be Chemistry or Biology and, if only one, you must have AS grade A in the other subject.' So focus on getting your chemistry grade up. Your grades are the most important thing but Kings also give this advice about non academic requirements.

NON ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
Scholastic activities
We hope to attract applicants who participate in any scholastic activity, e.g. general reading, debating, theological interests etc.
Community activities
We hope to attract applicants who have participated in school, college or community life, making the most of the opportunities available to them and also demonstrated some experience of society beyond their immediate environment.
General activities/interests
We hope to attract applicants who have varied extra-curricular interests and enjoy active participation in areas such as sport, music and the arts in general. Any participation is valued and any achievement in extra-curricula activities will be particularly recognised. King’s aspires to attract applicants who will continue with their personal interests and contribute to the vitality of the College community.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (28)
18.92%
No (120)
81.08%

Watched Threads