Becky333
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
For my whole life all I wanted to do is study in London. I love the city so much I think it's got such a buzzing atmosphere and there's always something to do!! The cost is obviously an issue but it's not my main concern...

My main concern is I don't really understand how people make friends, because there seems to be no sense of community (especially at Kings) and also there is no "union" where everyone goes out? I'm a massive lover of going out and I've been told it's mostly very work focused people or international students at kings who don't really want to go out anyway, I don't know if ill get on with people like this as I'm quite wild!!

Has anyone studied/studying in London or know people who do(especially kings!!) I feel like it seems very lonely, I'd love to know how people find the halls, night life, travel, costs, and friend making in London as I'm really really nervous about going to Uni there!!!
King’s College London
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi Becky333,
I can feel your enthusiasm for studying in London! I love London too and at King's we're definitely in the heart of the city.

We do have a very active (and award-winning) students union at King's. Here's a link to KCLSU - http://www.kclsu.org/ where you can find out about all our 200+ student societies.

We also have a really informal video about student life on YouTube which might give you little more information - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eixZp...MZMj8&index=31

Hope this helps and feel free to ask us more questions!

Thx
Sabi
hslakaal
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Admittedly, I am not the most "wild" student per se,

but there's plenty of societies, unions, talking places etc.

There's far more UK students than intl's by a large margin (and tbh, I think intls usually are more extreme when it comes to enjoying themselves), and with a couple of thousand new students per year, I'm sure you'll find people to hang out with.

(also, "work focused"? :mmm: )
smd4std
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
london is really expensive compared to other cities also the night life isn't that great compared to other cities (not to mention it's expensive as **** to go out).

also kcl students union is kinda crap
hslakaal
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by smd4std)
london is really expensive compared to other cities also the night life isn't that great compared to other cities (not to mention it's expensive as **** to go out).

also kcl students union is kinda crap
Says a guy from Hull
smd4std
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hslakaal)
Says a guy from Hull...
i've lived in london most my life and hull is like piss cheap compared to london
also hull is in like the top 10 for best students unions in england
Huskaris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't go to City University if you like to drink and have fun, however if you like Shiisha and red bull then I couldn't recommend it higher.

On a busy day in the students union you could drink every single drink being drunk and not get the slightest bit drunk but I think you would die from a caffeine/sugar rush.
hslakaal
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by smd4std)
i've lived in london most my life and hull is like piss cheap compared to london
also hull is in like the top 10 for best students unions in england
tbh, it's all about "grass is greener" on the other side. Glad you are enjoying it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.9%
Uncertainty around my education (80)
11.51%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (74)
10.65%
Lack of purpose or motivation (89)
12.81%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (37)
5.32%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (40)
5.76%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (74)
10.65%
Financial worries (43)
6.19%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.46%
Exposure to negative news/social media (42)
6.04%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (22)
3.17%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (67)
9.64%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (55)
7.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed