The Student Room Group

any 2nd year pharmacy students at aston??

Hey! first year pharmer here, just was wondering approximately what date did you finish summer exams (may exams) for first year?? thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by pharmer2
Hey! first year pharmer here, just was wondering approximately what date did you finish summer exams (may exams) for first year?? thanks!

hey pharmer2! :smile: I noticed you were a Canadian who went to Aston University for pharmacy last year. I'm a Canadian as well and I firmed Aston for pharmacy and will be attending this year! How was first year like in terms of workload? Are there a lot of exams/assignments/ group work/ presentations? Which accommodation do you recommend to live in?
Reply 2
hey! congrats!! I just finished up lectures for first year this week. The workload is good and laid back in terms of exams and such (we only have january and summer exams), jus make sure you don't fall behind with lectures! In terms of assignments, we have lab write ups every other week which are not too difficult and there is maybe 1 or 2 group presentations/ group work a term. If you have previous University experience from canada it will be a breeze because its kinda like first year sciences with pharmacy classes incorporated in them. For accommodation, I live in James Watt (B1), it was just the first accommodation offer I was given and I took it. All the newer accommodations are very clean with 5 room and 7 room flats (B1, B2, A1, A2,). The newest building that was built is C1 and C2 (some of the flats have never even been used yet). I know you can accept and reject offers so if you wanted the newer buildings you could email them and ask for it. Lakeside accommodations is cheaper but its a lot older and you end up sharing a kitchen with more than 7 people.

If you have any other questions lemme know! :smile:
P.s. what part of canada are you from!
Reply 3
Original post by pharmer2
hey! congrats!! I just finished up lectures for first year this week. The workload is good and laid back in terms of exams and such (we only have january and summer exams), jus make sure you don't fall behind with lectures! In terms of assignments, we have lab write ups every other week which are not too difficult and there is maybe 1 or 2 group presentations/ group work a term. If you have previous University experience from canada it will be a breeze because its kinda like first year sciences with pharmacy classes incorporated in them. For accommodation, I live in James Watt (B1), it was just the first accommodation offer I was given and I took it. All the newer accommodations are very clean with 5 room and 7 room flats (B1, B2, A1, A2,). The newest building that was built is C1 and C2 (some of the flats have never even been used yet). I know you can accept and reject offers so if you wanted the newer buildings you could email them and ask for it. Lakeside accommodations is cheaper but its a lot older and you end up sharing a kitchen with more than 7 people.

If you have any other questions lemme know! :smile:
P.s. what part of canada are you from!

WOW thanks for the detailed info!!! I'm from Toronto and I finished 4 years of Uni here. Are there any other Canadians in your year? Also, if you are returning to Canada to practice, will you be doing your pre-reg? I'll be sure to ask you more questions later! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by LotusMD
WOW thanks for the detailed info!!! I'm from Toronto and I finished 4 years of Uni here. Are there any other Canadians in your year? Also, if you are returning to Canada to practice, will you be doing your pre-reg? I'll be sure to ask you more questions later! :smile:

Nice! Ualberta grad over here. Yup there are a few including me so thats always good haha. I'm gonna decide most likely into my second-third year, depending on the visa situation I may jus go back and write my exams as soon as I can. No worries! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending