ekct
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I believe if people share there studies it will help motivate others in this thread and stop procrastination.

For all students studying for a levels, it is hard to get motivated!

I am studying Maths, Chem, Biol and Physics at As. I do work in school in my free periods and after school sessions often but find it hard when I'm at home.

Anyone with motivation tips or revision tip is welcome to share.

Posted from TSR Mobile

holly.maybury
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm the opposite to that! I work for hours at home but I'm useless in my frees :')
I've just made a Christmas revision timetable which is helping already (and because it's not long term I don't have to feel like I'm committed to it too much lool), I like just putting 2-3 subjects each night, then you can just decide what you want to revise and where your weak areas are and it's less stressful
ekct
Rep:
?
Sounds like you've got a pretty good plan, how long do you revise for each night, how long per subject and do you take many breaks?
Sorry for all the questions
ekct
Rep:
?
Can you link it for me please? just so I get the right one

Posted from TSR Mobile
ekct
Rep:
?
(Original post by holly.maybury)
I'm the opposite to that! I work for hours at home but I'm useless in my frees :')
I've just made a Christmas revision timetable which is helping already (and because it's not long term I don't have to feel like I'm committed to it too much lool), I like just putting 2-3 subjects each night, then you can just decide what you want to revise and where your weak areas are and it's less stressful
Sounds like you've got a pretty good plan, how long do you revise for each night, how long per subject and do you take many breaks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ekct
Rep:
?
(Original post by Khallil)
If you ever get stuck on a question or don't understand a concept, post in the TSR maths forum. If you do, chances are you'll learn a heck of a lot over there!
Can you link it for me please? just so I get the right one

Posted from TSR Mobile
ekct
Rep:
?
(Original post by Khallil)
Sure thing
Thanks I guess there all pretty good, which ones do you recommend most?

Posted from TSR Mobile
holly.maybury
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ekct)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry about it! I'd say I d about 3-4 hours a night and that includes homework and drafts for essays etc. Closer to exams it will probably be that in pure revision on top of work. I don't take many breaks because I like to get it all done, and I find if I take a break I will get too distracted and never go back to it! I try to keep the amount of time equal, but I end up spending a lot more time on bio/chem rather than maths/psychology, simply because they are a lot more content heavy.
ekct
Rep:
?
(Original post by holly.maybury)
Don't worry about it! I'd say I d about 3-4 hours a night and that includes homework and drafts for essays etc. Closer to exams it will probably be that in pure revision on top of work. I don't take many breaks because I like to get it all done, and I find if I take a break I will get too distracted and never go back to it! I try to keep the amount of time equal, but I end up spending a lot more time on bio/chem rather than maths/psychology, simply because they are a lot more content heavy.
Wow, 3-4 hours, that's pretty long but I guess trying it won't hurt. Thanks for sharing your routine by they way!
holly.maybury
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ekct)
Wow, 3-4 hours, that's pretty long but I guess trying it won't hurt. Thanks for sharing your routine by they way!
You're welcome!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.11%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (712)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
20.01%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.58%

Watched Threads