Turn on thread page Beta

Re: Best self tanning moisturiser? watch

• View Poll Results: Which would you recommend?
    Johnson's Holiday Skin
    24.00%
    Garnier Summer Body
    40.00%
    Dove Summer Glow
    16.00%
    Loreal's one (can't remember the name - ad with Scarlett Johansson)
    12.00%
    Other (please specify)
    8.00%

ReputationRep:
    Definitely helps, thanks

I'm torn between Dove and Garnier. Although Garnier seems to be winning the poll, people's comments on here seem to lean towards Dove. I may just see what's cheaper

ReputationRep:
    Johnson's Holiday skin is meant to be really good.

ReputationRep:
    RE: all the bad stuff about the Dove one - it doesn't really streak - it's been fine for me. I used the light one and now I've got the dark one even though I have really pale skin. I use the light one on my face though.

ReputationRep:
    The dove one does give you a tan quick but I stopped putting mine on for a while because I got lazy :rolleyes: so that's probs why I started going all mingin..?

ReputationRep:
    i used the garner eon firts and cos i didnt really know how to use it properly it went streeky and i had brown handsand ankles. but it was really expensive and smelled funny.

the johnsons one im using is totall and utter crap. my legs are like a ****ing leapard! they went brown but it rubs off really eaily so if you have bare legs and they rub together or something your left with a white patch all along your leg, ( i was walking down the road when i noticed this :rolleyes: )
    so right now my legs are terrible cos i put some more cream to make them darker and not just orange but that hasnt worked and its all patchy and looks like ****. and to top if off you have to scrub scrub scrub at your legs to get it all off.

someone tell me good one to use!!!

ReputationRep:
    I chose 'other' as I've found that Nivea is the best. It makes your skin so soft too. I have the Garnier, Dove and Nivea ones at the moment... I actually find they work best if you use Garnier about 3 times a week, and either the Dove or Nivea ones the other times. It prevents it from going streaky- it really does work!!

ReputationRep:
    Ive got the garnier one and it has never left me streaky and it smells nice

You are suppose to put in on everyday for a week but i only did it for like 3 days and stopped because it left me with a subtle, natural tan. Im not sure if using it for a week would make you a bit orange lol. I havent tried the others but ive found this one to be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Claire*)
    I bought the Nivea sunkissed one & it came with a free face one which is great cos I always find it difficult to find something that works on my face. I like it. Got the light-medium one & it makes a difference but not too much, guess it does depend on your skintone before tho
    Why do they have a separate face one? I just use the body one on my face (or is this a no-no?) :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Just come back from holiday and i used the Garnier Summerbody one everyday (i'm too impatient to sunbathe!) where as my friend was out in the sun for about 4/5 hours everyday... At the end of the week i'm now a lovely colour, my friend has turned out 'streaky' (red/white/tan!!) and when we met our families at the airport they all commented on now i've really caught the sun/a really nice colour etc etc!!

I brought it in Boots the other week, it was 2 bottles for £6 and i've used about 1/2 of one bottle so far (all over body 1 (sometimes 2) applications a day). Didn't have any problems, just applied it like a moisturiser, smells lovely and i started to get a really nice colour by the third application.

Going to stop using it now though for a while, and just 'top up' every now and again!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    johnsons brings me out in a rash so i use garnier and its great, i have never treaked and its quite subtle but you can build it up!

ReputationRep:
    Bought the Dove one today for medium/dark skin and just put my first application on, so I'll let you know how it turns out

ReputationRep:
    I use the Dove one, its nice smelling and shows up after about 2 applications. I do find it gets a bit too dark after a while so I use it every other day.

I'm tempted to try the Palmer's Cocoa butter one, I love the smell of the moisturiser so I'm hoping the tanning moisturiser will smell as lush.

ReputationRep:
    i use the nutri summer (one with scarlet johanssen in the ad) one which is really good and i've never ended up orange! Although if you shave/wax your legs and do that in more than one place than another, you may end up with a few odd patches of really tanned and more or less normal skin colour happened to me! plus it does rub off so you end up with a few small strange patches!

The other day I used a body brush after a shower and managed to get everything off so I could start afresh so if you do make mistakes by not rubbing it in properly or have those patches on your knees it can come off easily. (Altho it really hurt! Damn bristles!!!) Someone at work tested the johnson's one on her hand, just a small patch and it went orange and didnt come off I think the reason why Johnson's is so cheap is maybe it doesnt have the results others have?

ReputationRep:
    I have the Johnsons one, and it did smell but i didnt find it streaky at all. Though im fairly pale and couldnt notice a difference for a few days.

Two of my friends have the Garnier, and the Johnsons and both go for Garnier! It started showing right away and the colour was really nice. - They have the one for medium - dark skin, and it didnt streak or look unnatural. Plus it was 2 for 1 in boots!

ReputationRep:
    Garnier is now 2 for £9 (for the big bottle) and 2 for £6 (for the little bottle) in Boots

ReputationRep:
    Just got up after the first application of Dove and it's quite dark already. I have a few streaks here and there but i think thats down to my shoddy applicating rather than the moisturiser itself. It comes off really easily though so going to have a bath to remove some of the darker areas. It says you should see results after 5 days but i think I'd be too dark if i used it every day for 5 days! think I'll stick to every other day

ReputationRep:
    I found the Johnsons stuff good but it does smell really bad. It doesn't streak as long as you rub it in really well. I'm going to try the Garnier stuff as it's on offer at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Yep def try the garnier stuff, I used it again last night, sat for at least 45 mins with my legs out and my arms up in the air and there's not a single streak. I'm waxing my lesg tonight just hope it doesn't all get ripped off

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take to actually make a difference? Ive been using the Johnsons one for the last few days but i dont really look any different :/

ReputationRep:
    With the Garnier one, every time i've stopped and started using it, taken about 3 applications (so 3 days really!) for a subtle colour to appear!

-x-

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.