The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Chemistry at hull university.

who's applied for chemistry at hull university then? :biggrin:
i went to an open day wednesday 11th, must say best open day ive been to by far and received my offer of BBC.

Scroll to see replies

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying to hull too.
Why degree course?
I am yet to go on an applicant day
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by Girling1996
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying to hull too.
Why degree course?
I am yet to go on an applicant day

I've applied for chemistry with analytical techniques and toxicology :biggrin: loved the uni just not sure if I wanna travel that far plus the accommodation wasn't very nice! It's 250 miles away from home and return tickets are 220 pound for a return and 6 hours travelling!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where are you from?
Cardiff in Wales

Posted from TSR Mobile
What you apply for and where you from

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi. I'm apply for MChem Chemi story with industrial placement.
I'm from Essex as well. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I am currently at hull doing chemistry with industrial placement so I can answer any questions you have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alotties
I am currently at hull doing chemistry with industrial placement so I can answer any questions you have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the course good and what is the city like?
Reply 9
The course is great.
The lecturers have a really great way of teaching and try to make things as entertaining as possible.
All the lecture notes are given to you so you don't need to print them off or make notes yourself, you just add additional notes to what you're given.
The city has everything you'll ever need and has a brilliant night life (in my opinion).
The course is great.
The lecturers have a really great way of teaching and try to make things as entertaining as possible.
All the lecture notes are given to you so you don't need to print them off or make notes yourself, you just add additional notes to what you're given.
The city has everything you'll ever need and has a brilliant night life (in my opinion).

That's really good to hear as I was worried you was going to say its not that good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
That's really good to hear as I was worried you was going to say its not that good.<br />
<br />
<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>
<br />
<br />
I love it in Hull, can't imagine being at any other university now!
We're in uni a lot so I feel like we get a lot for our money. I'm in 20 hours a week or so at the moment but some of my friends are only in 5 hours for their courses.
Also the chemistry society is amazing and holds socials every 2/3 weeks.

I love it in Hull, can't imagine being at any other university now!
We're in uni a lot so I feel like we get a lot for our money. I'm in 20 hours a week or so at the moment but some of my friends are only in 5 hours for their courses.
Also the chemistry society is amazing and holds socials every 2/3 weeks.

What was freshers week like?
Is it easy to make friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
What was freshers week like?
Is it easy to make friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I loved freshers week!
There were plenty of events in the evening and loads of introductory lectures to get you settled.
Also if you stay at the lawns, people hold like flat/block parties for predrinks or alternatives to going out if a certain night doesn't appeal to you.
I think it was very easy to make friends! I made most of the friends I still have now in freshers week :smile:
That sounds really good. I hope its as good when i hopefully get in.
I went to an open day there and I was really impressed everyone was really friendly and inviting! Best open day I've been too! Only thing for me I didn't find the city centre that nice. Coming from a modern city centre and going to hulls was a huge difference how ever everyone I met in and around hull we're very friendly! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also they hold the best labs I've seen for far for chemistry! Even Russell group uni's that I've visited didn't have as good as equipment at hull

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauraMarieBrooks
Also they hold the best labs I've seen for far for chemistry! Even Russell group uni's that I've visited didn't have as good as equipment at hull

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?
That's sounds really good.
Is hull not going to being your firm or insurance choice then?
I loved freshers week!
There were plenty of events in the evening and loads of introductory lectures to get you settled.
Also if you stay at the lawns, people hold like flat/block parties for predrinks or alternatives to going out if a certain night doesn't appeal to you.
I think it was very easy to make friends! I made most of the friends I still have now in freshers week :smile:

Would I be able to see your timetable so I know how my time will be spread out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really?
That's sounds really good.
Is hull not going to being your firm or insurance choice then?

It was originally my firm choice however that's now changed because despite everything I did say after I went home a guy called mark Lorche I believed promised to look jnto funding for my case and despite me emailing him several times he blanked me. So to be honest ill doubt I'll go there now. I'd rather go bath university and get decent funding there. Its been a month now and he still hasn't emailed me back about funding for me. Because I'm welsh England universities won't give me scholarships or bursaries except bath uni will

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest