Turn on thread page Beta

malia on tuesday watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm off to malia for a fortnight this tuesday.

Was just wonderin if anyone whos been there before has anythin to share about it??

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I havent been but know a few people who have and got mixed opinions!! Some friends are out there at the moment, got a text today saying its really good and that they go out at midnight and go to bed about 7am! are u nocturnal?

ReputationRep:
    No but I'm going in 9 days =p only for a week though =(. My friend went last year and it was good enough for her to be coming again this year!

Check out the malia.co.uk discussion boards

ReputationRep:
    I just came back, you'll love it! and yeah, that ^^ website is good

ReputationRep:
    Malia is intense i went there last summer.
    The main bar street is incredible a real neon jungle.

ReputationRep:
    I got home on Sunday, and I'm dying to go back again, we met so many nice people, both other holidayers and PRs!!! Where were the main places you went? We'd always start at evas, then go union jack, street bar and wkd bar, like everyday, with different ones in between and to finish off.

Did you see the trouble on Friday night I think it was? I only heard rumours about it, and saw all the police cars whizzing down the strip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x-buttercup-x-)
    I got home on Sunday, and I'm dying to go back again, we met so many nice people, both other holidayers and PRs!!!

You've gotta love the PRs everywhere!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Evas the restaurant?? with yianis?

We started on the balcony till about 1am - then off to orgasmic for some cheese, then sometimes spent the rest of the night in yasous cause it was awesome.

Or we went to cheekys or the venue. Didn't really fancy any of the other bars, though the mechanical bull and the penalty shootout was a good laugh.

ReputationRep:
    I got home on Sunday, and I'm dying to go back again, we met so many nice people, both other holidayers and PRs!!! Where were the main places you went? We'd always start at evas, then go union jack, street bar and wkd bar, like everyday, with different ones in between and to finish off.

Did you see the trouble on Friday night I think it was? I only heard rumours about it, and saw all the police cars whizzing down the strip
    Is Cheeky 1/2 still there?
    EDIT: Just read the above post. Last year we were in Cheekys almost every night, it was amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straas)
    Evas the restaurant?? with yianis?

We started on the balcony till about 1am - then off to orgasmic for some cheese, then sometimes spent the rest of the night in yasous cause it was awesome.

Or we went to cheekys or the venue. Didn't really fancy any of the other bars, though the mechanical bull and the penalty shootout was a good laugh.
    I spent a bloody fortune on that thing, and I only won three times.

ReputationRep:
    Evas was right up past at the top of the strip, rhia and carlos owned in, it was a restaurant/bar, even further up than galaxy bar.

I think cheekys is still there, not sure though, can never really remember past midway bar =p

We loved sitting at union jack watching the lads do the penalty thing, it was soooo funny, one dude we met won it twice, he broke a record or something, but had hand ballooned up.

Arrrgh I'm getting all nostalgic i want to go back

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to Malia at the end of August, can't flipping wait. Whats the beach like?

ReputationRep:
    The beach was cool, we didn't stay long because it was like 20mins away, but the PR people are wicked and they've got lots of water sports and stuff

ReputationRep:
    our apartments are only 500m from the beach so I think we'll be living there in the day! How much money did you spend? Du reckon 300 is enough for a week? And are there like loads of cheapy drink offers etc? How hot was it? Argh can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    defintiley!! I took £350 and came home with £100 drinks are soo cheap, as long as you don't drink loads and loads you'll be fine, ooh and we ate out every night too and paid 41 euros for the booze cruise (don't do the freestyle one its crap)

ReputationRep:
    the heat was bearable because we could just jump in the pool, and our room aws cool enouhg no to need air con, but some might be different.

Go to union jack, they do four drinks, (mixers and spirits) a shot and a fishbowl (if theres a groupe of you)for 6 euros each

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm officially excited now Yeah there's 14 of us so may need several fishbowls lol! We do drink a lot, but we found when we went away last year we actually didn't eat much at all so will save some money there! And as long as I have a nice place to sunbathe I'm not bothered about spending money on activities. So glad you had a good time, did you see a giant McDonalds, cus apparently our apartments are by there lol. Whats a booze cruise exactly?

ReputationRep:
    yes we went to the macdonalds once, its right at the end of the strip so you're sorted!! We went to subway most nights, well mornings, after we'd finished drinking, best hangover food ever.

Booze cruise is supposed to be about 50 girls and lads going on a boat, playing drinking games, few free drinks, music, jumping into the sea, bbq etc. The one we went on, there was 19 girls, 2 male reps, 1 free shot, and almost no music!! Haha it was still cool thouhg just not what we expected. Jumping in the sea was amazing! Have a wicked time! With 14 of you theres no doubt you will xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hope so! Ta for answering my questions :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Evas was right up past at the top of the strip, rhia and carlos owned in, it was a restaurant/bar, even further up than galaxy bar.

I think cheekys is still there, not sure though, can never really remember past midway bar =p

We loved sitting at union jack watching the lads do the penalty thing, it was soooo funny, one dude we met won it twice, he broke a record or something, but had hand ballooned up.

Arrrgh I'm getting all nostalgic i want to go back
    Well unless they knocked it down since Tuesday, I'm pretty sure it is.

How did you manage to spend so little though>??? I spent £600 in 2 weeks and I thought I was being pretty frugal.

I found the main beach to be pretty annoying with all the garage music, so we usually stayed on a bit closer to our hotel which was really calm.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.