The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Foundation Science year

So i applied for the science foundation year and was rejected. On ucas track theres no reason saying why i was rejected. I met 3 criteria for the widening participation and my grades where more then enough to get in. I was predicted a BBD where as the course required a CDD. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me. The least that they could is tell me why i was rejected.
Reply 1
Original post by YourDeath
So i applied for the science foundation year and was rejected. On ucas track theres no reason saying why i was rejected. I met 3 criteria for the widening participation and my grades where more then enough to get in. I was predicted a BBD where as the course required a CDD. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me. The least that they could is tell me why i was rejected.

i would contact the school directly and ask them why they have rejected you, they may consider your offer in the near future if other candidates don't take up offers or even just ask for an explanation, it's within your right
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by ehsan111
i would contact the school directly and ask them why they have rejected you, they may consider your offer in the near future if other candidates don't take up offers or even just ask for an explanation, it's within your right

they said that since i do maths i cant apply. Do you think i can still get an offer regardless of the earlier rejection and maths thing?
Reply 3
they said that since i do maths i cant apply. Do you think i can still get an offer regardless of the earlier rejection and maths thing?

Hi, I think I've talked to you before about the foundation year! :smile: I think if they've said you're not eligible to apply, you're just not eligible - I'm sorry, that's just how it works sometimes, there's definitely other options to consider.

You could definitely try sending them an e-mail asking this, though, as they'll know the answer to these questions best.
Reply 4

I think you are over qualified for the course. some of these foundation science year courses only want mature students returning to education or people who did non science a-levels. Its stupid right?
Hi

The Interdisciplinary Science Foundation course is for students who have not studied Science or Maths at A-Level, so that is the most likely reason for your unsuccessful application I'm afraid.

Best wishes

Amanda

Quick Reply

Latest