6.43%
No hatband (3)
2.14%
hyper-little-mushroom-men
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi all! I'm not fishing for compliments here or anything... I do want opinions, because I'm crap at this sort of thing, so here goes. :p: I'm fair-skinned, burn easily and need a sunhat with a decent brim; I look like an idiot in baseball caps or ones with small brims. (I have a penchant for panama hats, but I'm not brave enough to wear them in public, lol! ) So I'd like some opinions on this one.

Firstly: Is this a stupid hat, and/or do I look like a prat in it? :p: Secondly: Assuming I wear it, which colour should I use as a hatband?

You know you all want to make my decisions for me!

Pictures:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...zBellz/Sunhat/
Kittennffc
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In all fairness, if you burn easy and have fair skin, wear the hat regardless! Its got a good coverage all round and wont be too heavy! I just got back from holiday and burnt on my scalp so wishi'd have worn a hat like that!

I looks really nice; its a shape that would suit anybody really, and its nice that you can jazz it up with different ribbons

Just change the ribbon to match your outfits. I'd recommend wearing you hair down with the hat though, as otherwise you may look bald (thats what I find anyway)

Are you off anywhere nice?
Sianey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wheres it from?! Cos Ive been looking for a hat exactly like that, cos I'm the same! Go on, save my life!
amie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think it's really nice, it looks quite glamourous
GunsNRoses
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's a pretty nice hat to be honest, don't know what you're worried about! And if it's one colour you want to use, the dark green ribbon looks the best.
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
it looks okay posed on pics but i cant imagine it looking good in real life. though your health comes before fashion so wear it if itll stop the burning!
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's lovely, but I don't like the pink patterned ribbon at all.
packupthemoon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oooh, I have a hat like that! Except it's all one burnt caramel kind of colour and doesn't have a band...I love it

I agree with Blissy on the pink patterned one, it's too fussy.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Some permutation of the 'green', methinks.
tanusha-tomsk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah, green one is nice! you do need to pick your clothes carefully though (don't ask me how :p:)
Rep:
?
Thanks, guys!
Rep:
?
Sorry Sianey - forgot to answer your question! I got it from our local heart foundation shop... saw it in the window. It is new though... they sell random new stuff sometimes. Dunno what make it is though, sorry!
OppressedMass
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think it's rediculous. But you're (assuming you're the model - I didn't read the post) pretty.
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm sorry, but I don't like it.
KPeh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think it looks fine. Doubly so if you have flair for flamboyance. Then again, I've got a Panama hat, but everyone forbids me from wearing it :p:, so perhaps I'm not the best to give advice. I don't think the pink headband works though - it looks too old ladylike.
baby_emmy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I love it! My friend is the same as you, and got a hat similar, did the job and looked good

-x-
HipsAndHearts
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not my thing. You look pretty in it though In a non lesbian compliment way.
clouddweller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
thats really nice I'd love to have a hat like that and get away with it, i think they look rather distinguished....in an approachable kind of way.....
kitty_koo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i like that hat although i would never wear it,lol.anyway it looks good with the blue ribbon and it suits you in the hat1 pic,so you should wear it!
demonbuttercup
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I love it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.48%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
41.19%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.33%

Watched Threads