sunny1994
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone I had a question about how lecturers mark essays and reports at uni... I made a few mistakes in mine and I'm a bit worried.. the mistakes were english language errors mostly, like saying 'the data was skewed' rather than 'the data were..' and I did this in one short paragraph. So I was wondering how much they knock off your marks for silly mistakes like that :/ Has anyone experienced anything like this before, I'd appreciate any helpful comments
Eloades11
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sunny1994)
Hi everyone I had a question about how lecturers mark essays and reports at uni... I made a few mistakes in mine and I'm a bit worried.. the mistakes were english language errors mostly, like saying 'the data was skewed' rather than 'the data were..' and I did this in one short paragraph. So I was wondering how much they knock off your marks for silly mistakes like that :/ Has anyone experienced anything like this before, I'd appreciate any helpful comments
It shouldn't make too much of a difference on the outcome. They aren't looking for good grammar and spelling, but rather the scientific analysis, depth and relevance of which you've discussed in your report.
sunny1994
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Eloades11)
It shouldn't make too much of a difference on the outcome. They aren't looking for good grammar and spelling, but rather the scientific analysis, depth and relevance of which you've discussed in your report.
Oh I so hope you're right :P I felt like such an idiot after I handed the report in because I read it a lot, but it was like I didn't even spot the mistakes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (14)
12.17%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (28)
24.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (49)
42.61%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
17.39%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.48%

Watched Threads