The Student Room Group

ill from stress?

Hi guys!
So I've had my first three mocks on friday (13th) and i have the rest in the next 4 school days. On Wednesday I had a bit of a meltdown, as I was really stressed and worried about the mocks. I stayed up far too late revising, and couldn't go to school the next day, as I had a really really bad headache, I couldn't sleep, my muscles were aching and heavy, and I couldn't stop coughing. SInce then I've had three mocks, and the stress has gone, obviously I'm still worried and working massively, but I still don't fell well, and I'm still fairly ill. Obviously because of the time of year bugs are really common, but could stress have made my immune system a bit weaker than usual and caused me to be more ill? Just so I know for future exams.
Yeah it can do! Bit you have to have been stressed for a very long time for that to happen! I do recommend you try and reduce your stress, if you're stressed now then you're really going to struggle when it comes to the real things, A levels and beyond! Make sure you still do things you enjoy and I recommend meditation as well, that really helps! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Niamhee-
Hi guys!
So I've had my first three mocks on friday (13th) and i have the rest in the next 4 school days. On Wednesday I had a bit of a meltdown, as I was really stressed and worried about the mocks. I stayed up far too late revising, and couldn't go to school the next day, as I had a really really bad headache, I couldn't sleep, my muscles were aching and heavy, and I couldn't stop coughing. SInce then I've had three mocks, and the stress has gone, obviously I'm still worried and working massively, but I still don't fell well, and I'm still fairly ill. Obviously because of the time of year bugs are really common, but could stress have made my immune system a bit weaker than usual and caused me to be more ill? Just so I know for future exams.

I've heard that a little bit of stress actually boost the immune system, but it sounds like you went beyond that, so I'm glad you say the stress has diminished now. As you say, part of the purpose of mocks is to give you a taste of what the real thing will be like, so try to get a good night's sleep before each of next week's exams . Keep yourself hydrated, and if you got a runny nose type of bug, get something like Olbas Oil to keep the symptoms at bay. Good luck for next week!
Reply 3
Original post by Pastaferian
I've heard that a little bit of stress actually boost the immune system, but it sounds like you went beyond that, so I'm glad you say the stress has diminished now. As you say, part of the purpose of mocks is to give you a taste of what the real thing will be like, so try to get a good night's sleep before each of next week's exams . Keep yourself hydrated, and if you got a runny nose type of bug, get something like Olbas Oil to keep the symptoms at bay. Good luck for next week!

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest